Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New GBA RPG

1. New GBA RPG

Sigma Star Saga is a interesting concept. When I say interesting I mean stupid.

Sigma Star Saga is an RPG space shooter developed exclusively for the Game Boy® Advance by WayForward for Namco Hometek. It's the first game of its kind: a true mix of RPG depth and character building with a space shooter battle engine.

Humanity is struggling to survive against the Krill onslaught. Under constant attack, Allied Earth Federation intercepts a Krill communication that singles out six planets in the galaxy that they have taken particular interest in. Sent in as a double agent, you must discover the mystery of the six planets and help to defeat the Krill from within before humanity's time runs out!

* First RPG to feature an action packed shooter battle system.
    * AAA graphics and sound.
    * Survive as a double agent for the Humans and the Krill, and discover the secret of the six planets.
    * Customize your weapons with over 50 different Gun Data items.
    * Branching story with multiple endings.
    * Battery backup.
    * 20+ hours of gameplay.

2. An RPG with shooters battles? It's been done before. Square developed a Satelliview title like that. So no, it's not the first of it's kind.

3. Troll rating: 24 percent.

4. Time to make a "New Xbox Game" thread.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Quote Originally Posted by Survival Kid
    An RPG with shooters battles? It's been done before. Square developed a Satelliview title like that. So no, it's not the first of it's kind.
    Was the game any good? If it is I might check this game out.

6. I've been in touch with a couple of people working on this game and I've been hearing really good things. I'm very excited about this one. It's from the creator of Shantae, which was a fantastic game. The graphics are really excellent as well.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 22 Jan 2005 at 01:17 AM.

7. Well, calling Shantae "fantastic" is a stretch but this still sounds good.

Armada is another game like this by the way.

8. Are we talking about the Shantee game on the Gameboy color? If they are doing this game then I'm all over this.

Still the whole side-scrolling shooter rpg still seems strange

9. Quote Originally Posted by toby
    Are we talking about the Shantee game on the Gameboy color? If they are doing this game then I'm all over this.

Still the whole side-scrolling shooter rpg still seems strange
    Optimism is a healthy thing that should be exercised, especially when stranger games have existed.

10. Isnt this kind of like Freelancer for the PC?