Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lain and Noir

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Farscape gets much better later on btw...
    This is very true. Keep with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShindig
    Boogiepop Phantom > Lain
    However, Requiem from the Darkness > *.* , but all three are fucking awesome. Requiem's mighty cheap, and if you like mindfucks, I'd go for it.

2. Noir actually kept me thinking more than Lain because with Noir, I knew that my thoughts and ponderings would be rewarded with an answer. Lain had some great ideas and the end makes sense in the series' context, but parts of the middle took some unnecessary leaps of faith and left some hanging threads that were never resolved. Noir wraps everything up very neatly without assuming viewers are idiots and almost every episode contains at least one powerful cinematic moment.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lilica
    Noir actually kept me thinking more than Lain because with Noir, I knew that my thoughts and ponderings would be rewarded with an answer. Lain had some great ideas and the end makes sense in the series' context, but parts of the middle took some unnecessary leaps of faith and left some hanging threads that were never resolved. Noir wraps everything up very neatly without assuming viewers are idiots and almost every episode contains at least one powerful cinematic moment.
    But, the answers were CRAP! Seriously, The revelation that Kirika killed Mirielle's parents is both predictable and ridiculous. The only reason I didn't think much about the possibility is because it's a stupid idea. Kirika is what, 14, maybe 15 now? And we're supposed to believe that when Mirielle, at LEAST age 23, was a kid, Kirika killed her parents? She must have been like, 3! Let's also not mention that the thing with the Soldats went pretty much nowhere.

4. I'm 2/3 the way through Noir and it's excellent, IMHO. Yeah, there are a few predictable plot issues, but the characters, music, and animation are excellent. I love the fact that the main characters are kick ass girls who don't take shit from anyone.

Yeah, and Farscape got a lot better towards the end of season one but now, fuck, I have to buy season two for a whole lot of beans.

5. Lain is fucking terrible. Return it if you haven't opened it yet.

6. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword
    But, the answers were CRAP! Seriously, The revelation that Kirika killed Mirielle's parents is both predictable and ridiculous. The only reason I didn't think much about the possibility is because it's a stupid idea. Kirika is what, 14, maybe 15 now? And we're supposed to believe that when Mirielle, at LEAST age 23, was a kid, Kirika killed her parents? She must have been like, 3! Let's also not mention that the thing with the Soldats went pretty much nowhere.
    Kiriki is atleast 17 and Merielle is in her very, very early twenties. If Kirika killed her parents when she was about 5, Merielle would have been like 8. It all makes sense.

7. Just got the box set of Lain, as well. Lain is such a kick ass anime. I can't believe it took me this long to watch.