Thread: So did you finish Donkey Kong 64?

So did you finish Donkey Kong 64?

I actually sat and finished the whole game and found everything but some parts are very hard. Anyone remember the beetle races? or Diddy Kong and the level where you had to kill the bad guys in like 30 seconds, heck even the mine cart level was frustrating.

Last Boss was great but I found the game to be tedious and just another scavenger hunt game.

Anyone else finish it?

Korian

I played mine for about half an hour and never touched it again. Definitely one of the biggest disappointments ever.

It wasn't a bad game... it was just too long and tedious. If it had less collecting, it could've been great. I was about 80% done when one of my co-worker's house was burglarized, and her son lost his N64 + games... I lent him mine for a while, and let him keep one game to get started again. The bastard chose DK64, so now I have to buy it again and put in all those hours... that game is seriously like a second (or third, in my case) job.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. I gave up after about 40 hrs and only getting 53% done. Too freakin long and tedious. The game did have some good points though. It was fun in some parts and really attractive despite the slow framerate. Also had great sound and music. While I was playing, it felt like I was really on an adventure, but, the damn designers, they just put in too much collecting and repetitiveness. I hope Rare learned their lesson after that game. I'm not holding my breath though cause they never learned their lesson regarding framerates. They're releases on the N64 just got worse framerates with each new game. That was so frustrating. I'm kinda worried about StarFox in that area. Some of the vids I saw for that had some stuttering framerates. Hmm, one of my friends beat DK64 100% and he said he loved all of it. I don't understand that.

5. Nope, I could not handle the tedium of DK64 to play more than about 10 hours of it. Too much collecting and backtracking for me. On the other hand, my sister completed it with the help of a strategy guide. Still took her forever.

6. The problem with this game for me seemed to be that I'd stop playing and not know what the hell I was doing last when I started it up again... Oh yeah, and it was boring too. Funnily enough, the "preparatory" Banjo-Kazooie is so much better. Maybe Rare just shouldn't be restricted to Nintendo characters.

7. Played Donkey Kong, was not impressed by the designs and aforementioned framerate, therefore could not immerse and enjoy what I was doing.

It is a goal of mine to beat Fur Fighters, a game of the same epic porportions as DK but with a more interesting game world and solid tech specs. *-neo

8. Nope. I played until I was supposed to free that large monkey...who's name I forgot long ago... I got bored around that point and never picked it up again.

9. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    I played mine for about half an hour and never touched it again. Definitely one of the biggest disappointments ever.
    Completely ditto!
    She Hates My Futon.
    Got a few hours? Read it.

10. I finished it but didn't find it that bad. For me the biggest draw back was the fact that you had 6 different monkeys, all with disctinctly different attributes to keep track of which meant TONS of backtracking.

urgh...