Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up...

1. Heads up...

Well, I just got robbed, and I'll probably be selling everything that wasn't taken.

So far I know I still have these:

XRGB2+, no remote, but has box and all cables.

ASCII Pad FT (capcom version from CVS2) for PS2/PS, box, but no cards.

NGPC SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millenium (US, complete)
    NGPC Gals Fighters (JP, complete, clamshell box)
    NGPC Super Real Mahjong (JP, complete)

I also have some incomplete stuff up for grabs for free (you pay shipping, obviously) if anyone is interested:

Wavebird without receiver.

There's a bunch more stuff, mostly cables and controllers, but I haven't gone back and checked everything yet. I'll update in a day or two. I don't have a PC anymore, either.
    Last edited by kedawa; 23 Jan 2005 at 05:43 PM.

That fucking sucks. My best friend got robbed last year and lost about 100 dvd's, but he got insurance to cover it or something. What kind of insurance covers that shit?

Anyway, what did you lose?

And again man, that sucks. Sorry.

3. What did I lose? Let's see, a new (midrange) PC and TFT monitor, a GC with about 12 games, a modded PS2 with a couple of games, most of my XBOX (it was in pieces and they left the 120GB HD), my DC and most of my DC games, a GBA SP with about 6 games, a joytech universal LCD monitor, about $500 in cash, some DVDs, and a bunch of other misc. shit.

I've never bought insurance, but I think in the long run, it's really better not to. I've lost maybe $3500-$4000 worth of stuff, but I probably would have spent that much on insurance by now anyway. I just have to take the whole loss now rather than paying for it each month.

The police don't seem too concerned with catching the thief, even though they know who it is. I'll give it a week and see if they do anything. If they get their shit together and bust the prick and recover at least some of my shit then I'll be satisfied, since I can sue for whatever isn't recovered. If they don't, i'll have to find another way of dealing with it, but I'd rather not think about that until the time comes, and I'm not discussing it here.

4. Damn, that sucks. I got robbed last October moving into my new house. I had just transferred most of my game stuff to the new place when they did it.

I lost about 200 PS2 games (mostly from the Circuit City sale), 60 Xbox games, 300+ DVD movies, and misc. other junk. I've been rebuilding slowly, but much of my enthusiasm for collecting has ceased. I only buy games I know I will play now, which hasn't been many.

5. I'm not really a game collector (I'm more the horde-binge-purge type), but I can sympathize. I used to collect comic books, but when most of them got wrecked by flood water, I just lost interest and put the rest in storage. Years later I gave them all to a friend.

For now, I think I'll just clear out and start over. Maybe I'll pick up a DS to keep me occupied, and just wait for the next generation of consoles. I think I'd just feel too ripped off re-buying all the shit I had.

How much for the newest Castlevania game? I forget the name, is it Aria of Sorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

7. Aria of Sorrow is the newest one. Price depends on who's paying shipping, I guess. I'd like to end up with CDN$15 for each GBA game if I sell them all individually. If you're interested, just post here or PM me, but I might not respond for a few days, as things are completely upside-down for me right now.

8. I might be interested in Metroid Zero. Let me know once things get settled down a bit.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. I'd like to pick up Harmony of Dissonance and Circle of the Moon. Let me know when you're good to go.

Thanks!

10. I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. But don't make it worse by buying a DS.
    Last edited by Core Boy; 18 Jan 2005 at 01:13 PM.