Thread: Problem with my second HD...

1. Problem with my second HD...

Every time I try to copy something bigger than a couple of megs from my second HD to my main one (or open it on the second HD) I get this error...

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    Anyone know what's up with this?
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    Every time I try to copy something bigger than a couple of megs from my second HD to my main one (or open it on the second HD) I get this error...
    That pops up as an error window in Windows?

Sounds like bad electronics on the HD's board. Yikes.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    That pops up as an error window in Windows?
    Yep.

And some files (mostly just video on this HD) will play fine off of the second HD but give me that error when I try to copy them to my main HD.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

4. ive only heard of crc's when you transfer data from a disc (ie, cd or dvd) but never with a hdd. with a disc is always means a dirty or unreadable disc or that you have the reading and writing drives on the same ide chain and they cant keep up with each other. are your hdd's on the same ide cable?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    are your hdd's on the same ide cable?
    Yes, I've only got one free cable on my motherboard and I've got both HDDs on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    Yes, I've only got one free cable on my motherboard and I've got both HDDs on it.
    Is that cause you have CD drives on the other cable? If so, move your config so each hard drive is paired up with a CD drive. Are master and slave configs on each drive set correctly?

Oh and make sure you use 80 pin cables for the HDD's, or else they can't run in UDMA mode.