Thread: Upgrading laptop RAM?

1. Upgrading laptop RAM?

My girlfriend gave me her old laptop. Its a Dell Pentium III 850mhz with 128 megs of RAM. Kinda old but will do fine for a work/development type machine for the next few months. And itll probably play Warcraft 3 just fine. Ive never owned a laptop before, is there any way to upgrade the RAM? Or do I have to send it to the company and shit? I kinda have plans for this machine (XP, wireless card, mouse, etc.).

2. newegg has a section called "notebook" memory.......so id imagine.

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.a...log=381&DEPA=0

3. Memory should be user-installable. It might be under the keyboard or under a panel on the bottom that you take off with a screwdriver. Just find the right RAM. Did she give you the user's manual and all that?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Memory should be user-installable. It might be under the keyboard or under a panel on the bottom that you take off with a screwdriver. Just find the right RAM. Did she give you the user's manual and all that?
    No but I think Dell puts all that shit online. I have the service tag # so I can find the machine on the site pretty easily.

5. www.notebookforums.com

The reason I link there is because there are people with every laptop imaginable, and would tell you EXACTLY what to get. Laptops are very picky when it comes to what modules will work.