Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Empire at War

PC Star Wars: Empire at War

Westwood studios is working on a new Star Wars RTS, which will take place between Episodes III and IV. GameSpot has a preview up.

2. This looks cool but its gonna have to go the extra mile to beat games like War3, Rome: Total War, and AOE3. I dont know if they got it in them after Generals which was, lets face it, kinda lame.

3. I have played almost every Star Wars game up to KOTOR ... after that, I just got burned out on anything else. I think KOTOR will be the pinnacle of Star Wars games .. I can't imagine them being better than that.

Unless, they do some sort of pre-empire "galaxy conquest" type of game... that might lure me in.

4. Quote Originally Posted by toxic
    I have played almost every Star Wars game up to KOTOR ... after that, I just got burned out on anything else. I think KOTOR will be the pinnacle of Star Wars games .. I can't imagine them being better than that.

Unless, they do some sort of pre-empire "galaxy conquest" type of game... that might lure me in.
    They did. In 1998. It was called Star Wars: Rebellion and it was terrible.

5. A Warcraft 3 style game would be cool with Vader etc.. being the hero's, but probably hard to do on the grand scale of c&c.

It will probably be the standard "build an overwhelming number of tanks and go and kill everything" style that every realtime game Westwood make falls into.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    They did. In 1998. It was called Star Wars: Rebellion and it was terrible.
    Thanks for the heads up ... I'll check it out. I did a search on "reviews" and came up with only a few ... they were mixed (meaning its a sucky game, but it has a star wars license, so it gets rated average).

7. rebellion marked the beginning of lucasarts' slide from first class developer to the mess they are now. at least they've learned how to farm out their license to more capable hands..

8. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    rebellion marked the beginning of lucasarts' slide from first class developer to the mess they are now. at least they've learned how to farm out their license to more capable hands..
    Rebellion was farmed out. I dont think the company exists any longer. Anyway Id say the company began its downward slide with the mess of Episode 1 games, all with 0 quality control.

After that they made the game Star Wars Force Commander, which was like a really terrible, completely worthless ground-based version of Homeworld, and Star Wars Galactic Battleground, which was just AOE2+Star Wars. As such, it wasnt bad, but it was completely unnecessary.

Yea, Star Wars + strategy games hasnt had much luck. Star Wars Chess was pretty good, though.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 20 Jan 2005 at 05:30 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by freddiebamboo
    It will probably be the standard "build an overwhelming number of tanks and go and kill everything" style that every realtime game Westwood make falls into.
    You didn't read the preview. Not to say they'll pull off everything they're saying or that every word should be believed, mind you.

Sounds cool, anyway. I'll wait for reviews.

10. Quote Originally Posted by toxic
    I I think KOTOR will be the pinnacle of Star Wars games .. I can't imagine them being better than that.

Lego Star Wars is going to piss all over the other Star Wars games.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"