Thread: Need some selling advice.

1. Need some selling advice.

I have a Sega CDX I am wanting to sell, it comes with Ecco the Dolphin CD and Sonic CD (Ecco has no case). I'm thinking of throwing it on eBay and tossing in some spare Genesis games I have. There's Wings of Wor (complete, great shape), Super Hydlide (complete, likewise great shape) and Fire Shark of the same condition as the others. Then there's Warsong (game only) and Raiden Trad (game only). The system is w/o box or warranty info (et al) but has two controlers and AV (3 tail) and power cables. It works, and looks nice and all that jazz.

The question: What the hell is this worth? I see some auctions going on for anywhere from 60 - 120. I know Warsong isn't easy to find (but are people looking for CDX nessisarily looking for Warsong or know what it is?) and I don't have a box for either the system or that game. I'm kinda torn as to what I should do with this thing.
    o_O

2. Considering the game isnt complete, you wont get much for it. I did a search on eBay for Warsong for the CDX, didnt see any. Probably better off selling it as a bundle.

Make sure for the title of the auction, you use the right wordings to expand the search field. i.e. "SEGA CD CDX System + 6 games/game (either one or both..whichever fits) Sonic Warsong" or something like that. Obviously..the ones in BOLD are a must.

If anything I would say its about $80-110 + shipping

Here is an auction that is almost like yours but not as many games http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...160137388&rd=1

Start off the auction at like $9.99. This will only cost you 35¢ to list and you'll know it will go above $70 so no point in paying more in fees. You have the option of using Buy It Now (5¢). Maybe put it at like $135-140 with free shipping if BIN is used (thats what i usually do).
    Last edited by bandit; 21 Jan 2005 at 03:56 AM.

3. Bandit, Warsong is a Genesis game. That's probably why you can't find any. I think you can get around $20 for Warsong by itself. Dunno if you should sell it seperately, but I assume you might get more cash that way instead of bundling it with the CDX.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal
    Bandit, Warsong is a Genesis game. That's probably why you can't find any. I think you can get around $20 for Warsong by itself. Dunno if you should sell it seperately, but I assume you might get more cash that way instead of bundling it with the CDX.
    HAHAHA I knew that. But yes, Warsong should probably deserve its own auction just because of the value it can bring in by itself. I suggest starting off at $9.99 and buy it now of $28-30 with free shipping

5. Warsong is pretty hard to find, though it's a loose cart. =(

6. Yeah, the loose cart thing kills its value. I don't see it going for much on eBay so I dunno what I'm going to do with it. I failed to mention I also have Target Earth incomplete as well. I may bundle THAT with Warsong to help it along.

Thanks for all the rest of the advice guys.
    o_O