Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Details on MGS2 Substance (or How to milk more money from unsuspective fanboys)

1. More Details on MGS2 Substance (or How to milk more money from unsuspective fanboys)

GameSpot has conducted an interview with Kojima regarding his new MGS2 rehash. In addition to play as Snake/Plisskin during the Plant Chapter (and Raiden in the Tanker Chapter), a five-chapter side-story set after Sons of Liberty called "Snake Tales" will be added as well. New outfits will be added including Snake's Sneaking Suit and Tuxedo from MGS1, as well Mr. X's Ninja outfit and Plisskin's Navy Seal uniform. In addition, 300 new Missions (200 VR Missions and 100 Alternative Missions) will be added as well. Due to the added content, the game will be release in a single double-layered DVD. The Xbox version will come out this November, but no dates has been given for the PS2 and PC versions. Frank, I feel ripped off.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...6518-2,00.html

2. I'm hoping Konami will have some trade-in-deal. For instance, trade in your original MGS2 and receive $25.00 off. <----That would be SWEET...
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

wEEman33 Guest
    There is really no need for anyone to buy this game for PS2, but if you are an Xbox owner who owns only an Xbox this would be a solid purchase.

4. If the extra mini-story is the same deal as with Silent Hill 2 X on Xbox, I will pass.

I will just wait and see. I didnt like PS2 version that much anyway.

5. Isn't this just going be the equivilant of MGS VR Missions on the PS1? Rather than redoing the game, they're just offering an alternate take on the game? Or does it include the story from MGS2?

6. For someone like me who has yet to get a PS2, this (and VF4, if it is coming) is good news.
    pwned by Ivan

7. So quick to judge on these boards. I, myself, am looking forward to checking this out. If what Kojima says is true then this is MUCH more than just VR Missions. You'll be able to actually play the other half of the game as Snake as opposed to Raiden. That my friends is a considerable amount of additional content (not to mention the 5 sub-stories that you play as Snake which I'm suspecting is the timeline between MGS and MGS2).

..and yes, I played (and finished) MGS2 and I'm far from a fanboy. I thought it could've been much better but Substance might be the answer to that.

8. So is this a port of MGS2 with a load of extras, or just purely extra stuff?
    pwned by Ivan

9. I have yet to play MGS2, so Xbox MGS2:Substance is the route for me to take with the game.

Maybe Substance will fix the last hour of the game that everyone seems to have a problem with ??

- Kabuki

10. They can add all they want to the game, it still won't be as good as MGS1 story-wise.