Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode 3 has been delayed till 2007...

1. Star Wars Episode 3 has been delayed till 2007...

Check the link

http://www.snow.myftp.biz/adam/index.htm

I quoted the article below
    ----------------------
    SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (AP) -- With the most recent film, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones finishing up its week in theaters, fans are eagerly wanting more.

The traditional timeline of release dates have been in three year increments (1977, 1980, 1983, and the prequels 1999 and 2002.) The logical assumption would be that Star Wars Episode 3 would be released sometime around May of 2005.

We caught up with George Lucas, and what he said may disappoint a lot of fans. "I had originally intended on making all three films 3 years apart, but I've decided to take a bit longer for Episode 3", says George Lucas.

"I have a lot to cover in the movie. The script isn't even written, and honestly I've got a lot of work to do to make it all fit together. Then there's the long process of shooting, reshooting, and then of course all the computer work. For what I have in mind for some of these CGI scenes, three years from now is just not feasible. For this reason, I've decided to take my time, and release Episode 3 sometime around May or June of 2007. I promise it will be worth the wait."

While many fans will be disappointed that they will now have to wait five years for the final installment of Star Wars, hopefully they will not be disappointed when it does finally get there. So for the next five years, Star Wars fans will have to sit tight and continue to look for rumors on the internet and magazines, because the final installment of Star Wars won't be here for half a decade.

Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

2. Just lovely. I wonder what is Lukas thinking of.

How to replace all of the actors with cgi now?

And he had all these years and the script is not even written yet???

3. i'll be 25 when it finally comes out.

hmmmm.....

wouldn't be surprised if it was a 3 hour movie. (no complaints from me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

[i]Originally posted by Despair [/i

And he had all these years and the script is not even written yet???

How long do you think he really works on a script anyway?

I think he's waaaayyyy to infatuated with computer technology.

It better be 3 hours at least to have to wait 5 frickin' years. And it better be a damn good movie, too.

I've been sick of Lucas' crap ever since the Special Edition Trilogy came out, and whatever redeeming Episode II did was shot down by this. Haul your ass Lucas, and use this 5 years to give us something besides a load of deus ex machina bullshit to fill up your plot holes that are bigger than whales.

DAMN that felt good!

6. Doesnt bother me...sure it is nice now that sequals are hapining like every year with them all being shot at once (LotR and Matrix) but the wait will not worry me. I wonder how long the time span is between the two movies?
    your mom

*SPOILERS*

Well, given the events of Episode II, I'd say Episode III has to take place no longer than a year afterwards, less even. Think about the fact that Anakin and his Senator hussy were married by the end of Episode II, so unless old Anny is a wee bit lacking in the trousers (wouldn't suprise me) I imagine Luke and Leia would be conceived not too shortly thereafter. Also think about in Return of the Jedi Darth realizes Leia is Luke's twin sister and says "Your mother was wise to keep her secret from me" which ultimately means Anakin's fall to the dark side will probably occur in about 5 months as opposed to the 5 years its going to take us to see it. My hypothesis anyway, of which I have a couple.

I'm also willing to bet that the scars all over Darth's face and probably his reason for needing to be in a life-support suit in general will come from a battle with Yoda in Episode III. Little Anny will probably walk in thinking he's big shit, take out half the Jedi Council, then he'll realize a bit too late that compared to Yoda he ain't half as bad as he thinks he is. You go Yoda! Give that little prick what for!

Rick, you just gave me an ugly thought.

By the time Ep3 starts filming Lucas might have to get a younger actor for Anakin.........no..........not.......again....not that boy..........

9. Originally posted by Rick
    *SPOILERS*

I'm also willing to bet that the scars all over Darth's face and probably his reason for needing to be in a life-support suit in general will come from a battle with Yoda in Episode III.
    No, I see the scars coming from a final battle with Obi-Wan. This would better complete the symmetry in Episode IV: A New Hope, when Vader defeats Obi-Wan ("Now I am the master").

I'm interested to see how Palpatine manages to exterminate the Jedi. I expect Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus to convince a large number of Jedi to join the Separatists, thus giving Palpatine ample justification to brand them a threat and to violently purge them from the Republic.

Remember when Tyranus tries to recruit Obi-Wan by telling him the Republic has fallen under the influence of Darth Sidious? The Jedi Council, not realizing that Tyranus and Sidious are working together, might then join Tyranus and the Separatists in hopes of purging the Sith from the Republic. Under this scenario, Anakin would remain with the Republic out of respect for Palpatine. In fact, an even better ending would be for Anakin's injuries to come from a final battle against _Tyranus_, one in which he defeats Tyranus at the cost of his soul.

By killing Tyranus, Anakin's journey to the Dark Side would be complete, thus reinforcing another bit of symmetry with Luke in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (remember when Luke has the opportunity to kill Vader, but refuses?).

So many exciting possibilities for Episode III. I for one am very excited.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Yes, There are many possibilitues, but still to take whole 5 years to make? Lukas just getting lazy and wants to milks the franchise even more, before bringing out the new installment.

As for possible plot points:

But if Anakin and Amidala have Luke and Lea few years after the end of EP2, wouldnt it break the continuation of the saga? Because in New Hope Luke is 22 so it means that 22 years passed since than thus making Anakin/Vader just 40, which he doesnt look like in Return of Jedi, even with life support on. Same goes for Obi-on who is in EP2 around 35 which would make him 57, and he doesnt look like 57 either.

I would say that Ep3 takes place maybe another 5-10 years later, with Anakin more mature, but also even closer to Dark Side. I'm sure that was him who destroys the Jedi Council, and looking forward that scene. I doubt that Yoda will have anymore action, but Mace Windu will definately verse either Anakin or Dooku, and will loose. Also Dooku will die in the Battle against Anakin, thus bringing him to Dark Side, simulary to what Emperor tried to do to Luke in ROJ.
    I'm not sure when Amidala's death will take place though, but I have a feel it will also be organized by Palpatine, and possibly set up like it was Jedi fault, to make Anakin go into another fit like in EP2, with his mother, only this time against Jedi members.

The Question is: In the original SW trilogy, both droids dont know that Vader is Luke fater, even though they take a huge part during first 2 episodes. DO you think their memory gets erased later in EP3? Or its just another error by Lukas? Same with Lukes uncle who doesnt remember seeing C3PO in New Hope, even though he owened it for years in EP2?