Thread: Creating a system restore drive

1. Creating a system restore drive

I was using my friend's computer a few days ago and realized he had part of his hard drive used to restore the system in case anything happens. Does anyone know how I can do this?

2. Create a partition, set system restore to use that drive, and then use that drive only for system restore, that way any viruses/spyware you pick up downloading stuff won't mess it up.

3. How do I go about partitioning? I'm slow. =(

4. I did mine when reformatting last weekend, but there's programs which do it for you, although I never used one.
    Google it and see what comes up.

5. Can't you just use FDisk?
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

If you use FDisk, it will destroy all the data on the hard drive.

I have Partition Magic, it works great for repartitoning a hard drive without deleting the data, just as long as the drive isn't full. It DOES take forever for it to do it though.

Another alternative would be to just use something like Ghost or Backup my PC to just make some bootable CDr's instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    If you use FDisk, it will destroy all the data on the hard drive.

I have Partition Magic, it works great for repartitoning a hard drive without deleting the data, just as long as the drive isn't full. It DOES take forever for it to do it though.

Another alternative would be to just use something like Ghost or Backup my PC to just make some bootable CDr's instead.
    Partition Magic rocks, so easy to use.