Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Zombies

1. Dawn of the dead, though Night gets props for its totally shut off from the rest of the world's feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

not my fav, but was that shitty zombie movie with biker girls?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K
    I'm gonna have to go with the original Night of the Living Dead, Fulci's Zombi 2 and Shaun of the Dead.

I still stand by my statement that the original Dawn is incredibly overrated.
    Shaun and Night I can see, but Zombi 2 better than DotD? No way.

The shark scene is awesome. The splinter scene is awesome. However, nothing happens for the rest of the movie. At least the slow parts in DotD build atmosphere or flesh out the characters... the slow parts in Zombi 2 (ie 95% of the movie) are just filler. It's a shitty movie with some amazing scenes.

4. No love for Serpent and the Rainbow?

5. I really loved the way Shaun of The Dead was totally oblivious to the z word outbreak until nearly halfway through the movie. I could totally see it happening. And I want to kill a zombie to Queen's "Dont Stop Me Now".

6. The original Dawn of the Dead is still my favorite zombie flick. The Night of the Living Dead remake was well done though and is another favorite.

DEAD-ALIVE had some good moments to. It's hard to top that pushmower scene.

7. I will go with original Dawn of the Dead. Remake of the Night was shitty though. Hooray to someone mentioning BrainDead (aka Dead-Alive). While its more farce/comedy than really horror film, it does have shitload of zombies and still goriest film ever thanks to the lawnmower scene

I didnt like remake of the Dawn, first time I saw it in theater, but when I watched directors cut, later on, it grew on my. And Shaun of thr Dead is indeed a good zombie flick.