Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alexander

1. Alexander

It sucks total ass. I wanted to leave early, but luckily I didn't. 30 seconds of footage managed to justify the entire movie.

how fucking amazing is the shot where Alexanders horse and the elephant faceoff, and alexander gets speared/arrowed.

Its possibly the most beautiful piece of cinematography I have ever witnessed. Everything about it was fucking amazing.

then, 30 seconds later, back to the god awful movie.

I would go as far as saying this one moment is worth watching the rest of the movie for.

Anyone else seen it?

I saw a capture of Rosario Dawson's tittie.

She's fucking hot.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Thats probably the second worthy thing about the whole damn movie

Not enough to make me watch it though. Maybe if its free, and I have access to remote to fastforward between battle scenes.

4. You know, Alexander the Great's story is one of the most interesting in all of history (even Iron Maiden wrote a kick ass song about it), and while I haven't seen the film, I've heard plently awful things about it. How the hell could they mess that up? The great story is all there, written in history, the conquests and shit - HOW could they mess that up?!
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

5. What the hell was Oliver Stone thinking?

EDIT: Here is an interesting essay about it. WARNING: Possible spoilers.
    Last edited by g0zen; 31 Jan 2005 at 10:56 AM.
    Time for a change

6. I picked it cuz it was a bomb and the girlfriend wanted to try something daring....but we stuck around until the end of the first big battle, we just couldnt watch anymore...plus we had other things to do.

7. one of the few movies ive walked out on.

8. What made it so bad?

Was it just really boring with few action scenes, or was it just too rushed of a storyline for the material or what?

One of the guys I work with saw it and mentioned that it was overly gay----literally----, and he thought that helped to drag it down.

For me, I just couldnt imagine a short, Irish actor like Colin Farrel playing a lion of a warrior like Alexander the Great.

9. I never saw this, but I would just like to take this chance to field a question.

What in the bloody fuck makes Oliver Stone so well esteemed? He's a terrible. Terrible director.

10. its like 3 hours long and literally only 2 battles. one at the end? (i dont know since i walked out during the 2nd battle) and one towards the start. the first battle had HORRIBLE pacing and camera work, and almost no blood and gore. with these kind of movies you expect lots of fighting and lots of blood. with this you get neither. and the "story".....my god its so boreing. and the "acting"......worst ive ever seen. the way they deliver some lines is down right laughable. and alexander goes on long winded diatribes about NOTHING for 10-15 minutes at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    One of the guys I work with saw it and mentioned that it was overly gay----literally----, and he thought that helped to drag it down.
    yes.....the gayness is very much implied throughout the entire movie.