Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MGS3: Snake Eater, $20, KayBee Toys

Giltch Guest
    I'm a chump. New user title.

2. Sweat james > youre awesome for getting those guys a copy; but you missed something

james > youre awesome for getting those guys a copy; but you missed something

I was the first person in the string to have asked you to pick me up one...

But I guess thats what I get for being the new guy

thanks

~ichirou

3. To be completely fair ichirou, you didn't reply to James' offer after he posted it.

Thanks a lot for even trying to find games for people you don't know, James. Don't go too far out of your way to find me a copy, I can live without one.

My Kay Bee was out too...

Kudos to James for helping some brothas out though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. Shit, sorry Ichirou. I didn't look for responses after I posted the offer so I missed you entirely. I'd have done for you as much as for anyone else here if I'd noticed.

James

6. Japan no worries mate

Quote Originally Posted by James
    Shit, sorry Ichirou. I didn't look for responses after I posted the offer so I missed you entirely. I'd have done for you as much as for anyone else here if I'd noticed.

James
    yeah I know, its all good.. maybe next time, just keep me in mind please!?
    anyhow if anyone that gets it isnt partial to keeping them too... would anyone be up to [I know that this is weird] sending me the cataloging strip from the top of the PS2 case [the sticker with the bar code; part number] I know that its weird but I like to keep them, I place them under the instruction manual of the case... anal I know... but collector am I!! err her her
    <in yoda voice no doubt>
    if you could mount it on sticker back paper or a piece of plastic similar to the consistancy of the PS2 case... throw it in a regular mail envelope and send it to me that would be kuu. At this point seeing how I didnt get a new one I'll wait until I can get a cheap used one. Wouldnt be such a big deal if any of my fellow ex konami employees still worked there and for those that do would answer their damn phone!!

~ichi thanks again james

Giltch Guest
    Strange, I started thinking about collecting these as well. I finally figured out a way to take them off without ripping them to shreds, so I thought about keeping them. I guess stuff like that is pretty strange, but I like to hold onto anything and everything that has anything to do with video games

Giltch Guest
    I got MGS 3: Snake Eater in the mail today. Thanks a lot, James, I owe you one

9. I got my copy too, very awesome. Again James, thanks for taking the time to do this. Rock on.

10. the continued journey of MGS for $20

ok so this is what I did to obtain my copy...

Step one:

I checked with the hayward store in cali to see if they had it for 20... nope
    I checked with the pleasanton store if they had it... YEEEEEE-YAYYYYY-uh
    got phone # from 411 for the pleasanton kaybee

then
    step 2 >

I found a place that would do a price match. In this instance, Fry's... so my fry's in concord cali has MGS for $20 until sat now because they have to put it in the system for the lower price after price matching it. I've gotten ones for friends as well that are local and returned/exchanged a few to a few places to get current games that I dont wanna wait to play... oh wait nevermind that last part

~ichirou
    [still getting in trouble for everything]