Thread: WTB: Original NES System

1. WTB: Original NES System

Before I try Ebay, i figured I'd try here first. I'm looking for the original toaster-style NES system. It'd be great if it still had the box, but I'm really just looking for the system itself..no major scuffs or scratches, no yellowing (if possible) and itd be great if the 72-pin connector was new. I know Im asking for a bit much, but I figured its worth a shot here.

Giltch Guest
    GameStop sells used NES's in fairly good condition. They're 50 bucks, but chances are they'll be out of stock.

It might be difficult (and expensive) to actually find one in good condition. You may just try to find a cheap beat up unit and relace the connector yourself for $15. Aside from that connector, the NES is virtually bulletproof. My NES actually has RUST on the mainboard, but with a new connector it works better than when I originally bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. Puyo ive heard about the connectors

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    It might be difficult (and expensive) to actually find one in good condition. You may just try to find a cheap beat up unit and relace the connector yourself for $15. Aside from that connector, the NES is virtually bulletproof. My NES actually has RUST on the mainboard, but with a new connector it works better than when I originally bought it.

can anyone push me in the right direction to get a new connectors? you mentioned that they were $15!? hook a brotha up!

~ichirou

PS I'd actually love to find a top loading unit... I think that it was called the nes2

cuz it was the new version... but anyhow thats the cookie and oh how it crumbles

A quick google search came up with this guy:
    http://www.jandar.net/nes72pin/

There might be a better deal out there but this includes shipping.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    A quick google search came up with this guy:
    http://www.jandar.net/nes72pin/

There might be a better deal out there but this includes shipping.

thanks revolter... hehe this forums gonna get me in trouble! Goodbye sweet $ I knew you well...

good lookin out

~ichi