Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Night R2 on the GC includes Super Punch Out

Fight Night R2 on the GC includes Super Punch Out

News is a little old, but I haven't seen anyone talking about this here. It was broken and confirmed by some random dude on GA, who works for a UK mag or something. Who knows. The point is that it looks like it's true and I think it's weird.

While I love Super Punch Out, I'm not going to buy Fight Night R2 for it, and I fail to see how the two games appeal to the same audience =/

I also hear the emulation is not 100% accurate, which is even more =/
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    News is a little old, but I haven't seen anyone talking about this here. It was broken and confirmed by some random dude on GA, who works for a UK mag or something. Who knows. The point is that it looks like it's true and I think it's weird.

While I love Super Punch Out, I'm not going to buy Fight Night R2 for it, and I fail to see how the two games appeal to the same audience =/

I also hear the emulation is not 100% accurate, which is even more =/
    What an odd combination.

Do you happen to have a clip of the article, and has this been mentioned by other websites?

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    News is a little old... It was broken and confirmed by some random dude on GA, who works for a UK mag or something. Who knows.
    GA being Gaming-Age.

And they also had a link to some site that listed their source as being "close to Nintendo," which probably means they took it from GA themselves. I'd go look again but I'm far too lazy.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Yeah, uh, this seems like a weird decision. I'd rather see Super Punch Out packaged with a new Punch Out for DS or GC. But maybe not for DS because then they'd make us punch using the stylus or something similarly series-breaking.

5. That seems odd, but damned if it doesn't make me want to get Fight Night Round 2. Nintendo's branched with putting their stuff in third party games, like Link in SC II, Mario and the gang in NBA Street Vol. 3, and now this. Here's a GameFAQs thread on it. The thread links to this article - http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57572
    Last edited by Jeremy; 11 Jan 2005 at 06:06 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    What an odd combination.
    They are both boxing games. And the only Boxing games Nintendo has made are the Punch-Out game, makes sense to me.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. I never finished "Super Punch Out!"

Those bastard twins...
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

8. I would get it. Chances are it wil be the only Punch-Out game to be released this decade at all

Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    But maybe not for DS because then they'd make us punch using the stylus or something similarly series-breaking.
    Hah, I can see this happening.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

Eh... I'd kill for Punch Out (Nes or SNES version) on the GBA. I have the NES one emulated on my PDA... it's a perfect portable game.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.