Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences winners announced.

1. Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences winners announced.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02...s_6117727.html (full winners in link)

Half-Life 2 took 9 awards, including Game of the Year, Computer Game of the Year, Innovation in Computer Gaming, Outstanding Achievement in Animation, Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction, Outstanding Character Performance Male, Outstanding Achievement in Gameplay Engineering, Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering, and First Person/Action Game of the Year.

The only award it lost that it was nominated for was to Katamari Damacy, and Halo 2 was only able to win awards in which Half-Life 2 was not nominated, so all is well. These men, are men of high and wise intellects, those far greater than those of which who champion lowely, archaic videogame softwares such as Halo 2. I weep for those such sad and hopeless individuals.

I thought this was interesting, as well;

The festivities this year were a far cry from the raucous, noisy, smoke-filled, and open-bar-graced event of last year. One of the few spikes in energy this year was the passionate acceptance speech which followed the naming of ESPN NFL 2K5 as Sports Simulation game of the Year. "I think we did all we could do to fight a big contender," the Sega rep accepting the award said as attendees cheered.
    That's awesome.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Outstanding Achievement in Character or Story Development
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar Games/Rockstar North)
    Half-Life 2 (Vivendi Universal Games/Valve)
    Demon Stone (Atari/Stormfront Studios)
    Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Midway/Midway)
    **Fable (Microsoft/Big Blue Box)
    HL2 might have beat Halo 2 in most categories, but atleast Halo 2 never lost to Fable.

3. Fuck. I fucking hate you, Opaque. Seriously. Goddamn.

Well, GameSpot said HL2 only lost to Katamari, anyway.
    Last edited by Andy; 02 Feb 2005 at 03:35 AM.

4. Hawkins thanked the Academy and attendees saying, "it was a dream of mine to turn games into an art form."
    That has got to be the funniest part of the entire thing...
    A is for action

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Fuck. I fucking hate you, Opaque. Seriously. Goddamn.
    Now that sl1p is gone, Opaque is the biggest idiot on TNL, so he is useful for that I guess.

Any award program that realizes how badly Half-Life 2 and ESPN NFL 2K5 crush Halo 2 and Madden, respectively, is fine by me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Now that sl1p is gone, Opaque is the biggest idiot on TNL, so he is useful for that I guess.

Any award program that realizes how badly Half-Life 2 and ESPN NFL 2K5 crush Halo 2 and Madden, respectively, is fine by me.
    Completely agreed on both points, my good man.

7. Outstanding Achievement in Original Musical Composition

NBA Ballers (Midway/Midway Chicago)
    Killzone (Sony Computer Entertainment America/Guerilla)
    That's awesome. The quality of Ballers' sound track surprised the hell out of me, I even burned a large portion of it and listen to it in my car. Killzone has a pretty good soundtrack as well, but it sucks that it only ever shows up during fmv scenes.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Any program that thinks Fable did anything better than anything is complete and utter fucking garbage.

9. Any award program that both Yoshi and Andy endorse has to be insulting to humanity at its core.

10. I don't see why liking Half-Life 2 makes you guys act like idiots in reguards to Halo 2.
    o_O