Thread: Need a program to convert a Region 2 dvd to region 1

1. Need a program to convert a Region 2 dvd to region 1

So I have a couple gamest videos from diferent games, and some other none region 1 dvds and I really dont want to have to keep using region X and playing them on my PS2 to watch them. Well I have a dvd burner now so I'd like ot jsut make a copy and convert the copy to a region 1 dvd anyone know of any program that can do this?

i would imagine if I made a copy of the disc straight off with nero it would still end up being a region 2 disc?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Just rip it with DVD shrink, that will decrypt the DVD and allow you to burn it in any region you want (including none)

www.dvdshrink.org
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    i would imagine if I made a copy of the disc straight off with nero it would still end up being a region 2 disc?
    you cant just copy "on the fly" with dvd's (well, you can copy a copy on the fly). you have to rip, reincode and then burn. like wild said you can use dvd shrink to do that. it also has a "region free" setting.