Thread: BRARRGGG stupid dvd player

BRARRGGG stupid dvd player

Ok, here's the deal. I built a new computer. P3 700mhz, 370 memory dvd rom drive, zip drive, blah blah blah.

I'm wanting to back up all my stuff from the family computer to it. I have like 40 gigs of stuff, music, pictures, school projects, you know.

Well I was going to transfer it over the network, but it ends up the p4 was riddled with bugs and stuff. So, I then decided to put it on cdrs and transfure it over, and let norton on the new computer scan the files, ect ect.

Well that got old fast. So I went out and got some dvdrw. Well the stupid ass dvdrom drive on my computer thinks the dvdrw is a cd, and refuses to open it.

So, what do I do to fix this? I tried looking for drivers but there don't seem to be any.

Do you think if I run norton on the other computer and clean up the bugs I can just use the network to do this.

The dvdrom drive is a Compaq DVD-Rom SD-612B

;_; I need some help guys, I can't do all the important things I need to do today with out my musics.

2. so not once did you mention a dvd burner anywhere. do you have one?

3. Assumeing your DVD drive is meant to read DVDRW's you can try DVDR's instead. Before doing any of that though see if you can upgrade your firmware for the drive. If this doesn't work, open your system, plunk around at things and scratch your head. Poke the back of the drive close to its power cable. Maybe that will encourage it to work. If your dvd rom drive still won't do what you told it over and over and over again to do, I suggest maybe telling us, exactly, what these "bugs" are your P4 has and use that to transfer files over a network to your new pentium three.
    o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    so not once did you mention a dvd burner anywhere. do you have one?
    yeah, on the p4

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    Assumeing your DVD drive is meant to read DVDRW's you can try DVDR's instead. Before doing any of that though see if you can upgrade your firmware for the drive.
    I've spent the past 2 hours trying to do that

5. just take the harddrive out of the P4, stick it in the P3 but don't boot off it, and then copy the whatever you need. Put HD back in P4, make me a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    just take the harddrive out of the P4, stick it in the P3 but don't boot off it, and then copy the whatever you need. Put HD back in P4, make me a sandwich.
    done and done

7. where's my sandwich bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    where's my sandwich bitch?
    I ate it.

There better have been chips and ranch dressing, or else it ain't a sandwich. Bitch, get back tp the kitchen and make me some hot wings while your at it.