Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for new Anime

1. Looking for new Anime

I'm trying to figure out what to start picking up after I finish up Texhnolyze and get the Last Exile box. I'm basically looking for anything that's good, easily found and funny. I've had enough of the actiony animes for a little bit (especially since nothing ever stacks up to Bebop and Trigun). Anything that's like these and as high of quality:

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
    Spirited Away
    Niea_7
    Haibane Renmei
    Tenchi Muyo
    Love Hina

I think that leaves it fairly open, and really, things like Lupin are even good. Just anything that's lighthearted 90% of the time.

Discuss.

2. Hm, it can't get much more light-hearted than Azumanga Daioh, but make sure you watch the sub, as the dub actors can get really annoying.

3. What is that about?

Also, I only watch to english dubs, so if the english voice actors are completely horrible it might not be for me.

4. noob.

Fansubs are your friend.

5. I hate listening to crazy moonspeak when I'm trying to watch a show.

You guys can be hardc0re and 1337 all you want, I'll be over here understanding what people are saying.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    What is that about?

Also, I only watch to english dubs, so if the english voice actors are completely horrible it might not be for me.
    Azumanga Daioh is pretty much about these 5 young high school girls and 2 of their young-ish teachers living out their daily lives. Each episode is about something different. There's often no crisis, no drama, and little to no males on the show (except the creepy/funny pedophile professor.) It literally is just a fun romp through the high school lives of these friends. It's silly, funny and cute.

As for the dub, there's only one voice that irks me, the girl "Osaka" who has a Kanto accent. ADV seems to think it's funny to give characters like this American Southern accents, Osaka notwithstanding. Otherwise the dub's not really all that bad, it's just that I personally don't like Osaka's voice.

7. Does she sound like the kids in Abenobashi? Because I liked them.

It sounds good though, baring more reccomendation for something else, I think we might have a winner.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Does she sound like the kids in Abenobashi? Because I liked them.

It sounds good though, baring more reccomendation for something else, I think we might have a winner.
    I've seen the Abenobashi dub, and yes, it's a lot like it, but actually toned down a bit more, which is good (at least for me.)

Sl1p had an Azumanga av/sig combo before he got banned, in case you ever wondered what they were from.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I hate listening to crazy moonspeak when I'm trying to watch a show.

You guys can be hardc0re and 1337 all you want, I'll be over here understanding what people are saying.
    Yeah, but they're free.

10. Cromartie High School, it should be out now in the US and is brand spanking new so you can follow it as it comes out.