Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Behind the scenes of "Alone in the Dark" by someone who hates Uwe Boll

1. Behind the scenes of "Alone in the Dark" by someone who hates Uwe Boll

Myabe this belongs in Sound Off or Cinemania, but I thought it was worth sharing with everyone.

Something Awful put up a behind the scenes look at Alone in the Dark from one of the screenwriters.

At one point he is arguing with Uwe about the direction of the movie (through e-mail) and how it's better to not show the monsters the whole time. Uwe responds with:

WE MUST KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ALL THIS . LOOK in SIGNS THE AUDIENCE KNOWS THAT THE ALIENS WANTS TO DESTROY - SO HE AUDIENCE IS AFRAID. LIKE WHT YOU SAY ABOUT OSAMA BIN LADEN: WE DONT KNOW A LOT - BUT WE ARE FRAID - BECAUSE OF 11.9. - SO WITHOUT ANY INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE ALIENS WE ALL FEEL NOTHING - WE ARE ALL CONFUSED BUT LETS SAY YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE SHOWED AN ALIEN IN SIGN - IT WOULD BE A DESASTER - NOBODY WOULD TAKE IT SERIOUS!!
    The rest of the article is a keeper also. Read it here:
    http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2649

2. Uwe Boll bashing is sooo 2004.

I actually know a few people that write messages like that, and they make a good living. Amazing.

3. 11.9? For some reason thats funny.

4. Quote Originally Posted by toby
    11.9? For some reason thats funny.
    November 9th was a tragic day in American history, and I demand you show some respect to the victims. After years of media hype that had grown to truly epic proportions, millions of people across the United States waited hours in line for HALO 2, only to find they bought an amazing multiplayer game with a boring single-player campaign tacked on as an afterthought.

11/9...We will never forgive, we must never forget.
    Time for a change

5. I still haven't seen any of his movies and the only way I will is if there's an MST3k revival, either the show or the old gang getting back together to watcha few awful movies over huge ammounts of alcohol.

How does Despair feel about him?
    So I forced my hands in my pockets and felt with my thumbs and gallantly handed her my very last piece of gum.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousRacerC
    How does Despair feel about him?
    He's his god.

Okay, even Despair hates Uwe Boll.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. That actually makes me want to see his films, then.

8. Steal them. I want this asshole killed. I take personal offense to him killing franchise after franchise.

Why do they keep hiring him? He is now doing:
    Bloodrayne
    Hunter: The Reckoning
    Far Cry

And many more in the pipeline apparently. $10 says all of these (obviously Far Cry, but the others?) take place on an island.

9. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    ...millions of people across the United States waited hours in line for HALO 2, only to find they bought an amazing multiplayer game with a boring single-player campaign tacked on as an afterthought.
    Whats so bad about that? Starsiege: Tribes, Unreal Tournament, Counterstrike...

10. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Whats so bad about that? Starsiege: Tribes, Unreal Tournament, Counterstrike...
    ...were never prefaced with tons of hype that the vast majority of the team's energy went into the single player game.

Oh, and Uwe Boll is an idiot. Who's surprised?