Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a good cd to mp3 program

1. Is CDex still around? You just download that and the LAME encoder and you're in business. That's what I did back in the day. Then I used iTunes and never looked back. Seriously, I don't know why you wouldn't want to at least give it a shot. Apple Lossless = The Bomb. And you can encode up to 320kbps CBR mp3s with iTunes.

2. Apple Lossless = terrible shit. It isnt even true lossless.
    your mom

3. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep
    You can burn purchased songs an infinite number of times, you just can't burn the exact same playlist over and over again. I think the limit on that is either 5 or 10.
    The solution is one-second long silent files with Garageband. Different ones every time you burn the same playlist.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    Ok, I can be of help. This is how to get the best possible sounding MP3s.

http://www.chrismyden.com/nuke/modul...&file=painless

It seems a little complicated, but its really pretty easy once you install everything.
    If anyone is doing anything different than whats in that post, they need to have their ears removed with pliers.

EAC+LAME>Than anything (for mp3s anyways)
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    Apple Lossless = terrible shit. It isnt even true lossless.
    I agree. It's not really an option for me.