Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A good freeware software dvd player...in need.

1. PowerDVD can be had in its various OEM versions for pretty cheap if you search around..

<$10 or so..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

2. My user agreement had nothing about new.com It did, however, say something about beeing free of malicous software though.
    your mom

3. Alright, I'll give VLC a shot then. I'll try it when I'm at her house tonight.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    PowerDVD can be had in its various OEM versions for pretty cheap if you search around..

<$10 or so..
    Yeah, I have the Dell OEM disc, but I have no idea how to send that shit to someone in disc image format. On a Mac I just use Disk Utility and save as a disc image. Plus, it's probably against the law to distribute the OEM disc. Heh. That's so gay that Windows doesn't come with DVD player software.

5. I don't think WMP needs PowerDVD...don't think I installed anything other than codecs for like xvid and shit. I think starting with WMP 9 it just runs dvds just like an audio cd. I just watched Garden State with it. Nvidias DVD software is really good, but I think you got to pay for that. Might be a free trial though.