Thread: Windows Media Payer/RP/DivX are giving me hell...need help!

1. Question Windows Media Payer/RP/DivX are giving me hell...need help!

out of no where my WMP10 stoped playing videos. whenever i click on a windows media video file, i get sound but no video/picture at all. Realplayer has the same shit problem, and so does DivX player.

Quicktime works fine, BUT i get an error message and i need to hit "continue" 50 times(or even more) to by pass it and then the movie would play! this is driving me mad, i cannot see any videos i have download in the past few days!

what could be causing this problem?

2. try downloading the klite mega-codec pack thingo. It comes with codecs for everything, aswell as freeware alternatives for Windows Media Player, Quicktime and Real Player. I'd look for a link for you, but I don't want scary spyware and viruses.

3. BSplayer never gives me problems.

http://www.bsplayer.org/
    o_O

4. Tracer i tried BSplayer and it had te same problem.

arjue, i instlled the k-lite coded(20MB) and i'm still having the same problem.

this is driving me absolutely insane! ....on a side note, im upgrading my Windows XP Home to XP Pro, you think this might in any way repair the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    Tracer i tried BSplayer and it had te same problem.

arjue, i instlled the k-lite coded(20MB) and i'm still having the same problem.

this is driving me absolutely insane! ....on a side note, im upgrading my Windows XP Home to XP Pro, you think this might in any way repair the problem?
    When in doubt, fresh install it out.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mykozo
    When in doubt, fresh install it out.

hehehe, well when i tried upgrading my PC it kept crashing half way through the upgrade, by then i totaly lost my mind. i had to re-install windows from scratch

luckily i had backed up my important files 2 days ago.