Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys R Us' green tag titles now at 90% off!

1. The one near me only marked down the stuff that was marked down before, and they're complete crap except for Perfect Dark, unless they didn't tag the stuff they were supposed to.
    All is well.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    One Toys R US I went to, had R:Racing Evolution (GC) marked at $20 with the green tag. I guess that would mean it was selling for $2. I already have the PS2 version though, so I passed on it.
    Damnit. I'm curious to try this out, but every copy I found of R:RE was part of the "2 for $20" deal. You wouldn't be willing to pick it up for me, would you? (Or anybody who has the game at a local TRU for that price.)

Here's what I got:
    PS2 Unison $2.50
    PSX Turnabout $1
    N64 No Mercy $.74
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. Great. This happens when I'm in a place without a Toys R Us. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Damnit. I'm curious to try this out, but every copy I found of R:RE was part of the "2 for $20" deal. You wouldn't be willing to pick it up for me, would you? (Or anybody who has the game at a local TRU for that price.)
    R: Racing Evolution isn't even a bargain when it's free.

4. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for $3.
    Xenosaga for $3.
    Samurai Warriors for $13.

Might try a different TRU this week.

I was hopin' for some Onimusha or Devil May Cry, but no dice.

Giltch Guest
    I NEED MONEY!!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Survival Kid
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for $3.
    That's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    R: Racing Evolution isn't even a bargain when it's free.
    Eh, I'd still like to try it. I typically seem to love the racing games that aren't so popular, and dislike the ones that are.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. All the stores I went to had Arc the Lad:Twilight of the Spirits for $6.80. I took my copy to Walmart and used the $29 credit towards Burnout 3.

8. R: Racing Evolution isn't all that bad. It's not the greatest racing game ever or anything, but it is pretty unique, and does some stuff I never thought I'd see in a Namco racing game. I went to TRU a week or two ago and they didn't have anything decent, even at a massive markdown, I didn't buy it then, although damn, 90% off is tempting.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 13 Feb 2005 at 02:45 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. I have been to three Toys R Us' now, and RR was on thier 2for20 deal. They have them in the clearance section, so it is a bit confusing.

Not to say you might not find it on discount. But I wasn't so lucky. I would say call ahead, but their salespeople are pretty lazy.

Giltch Guest
    Just got back from TRU with 12 games. I got 7 copies of Perfect Dark for the N64(I literally just scooped every copy on the shelf into the cart - a dream come true), Resident Evil 2 for the N64, Max Steel: Covert Missions for the DreamCast, Spy Hunter for the PS2, Devil May Cry for the PS2, and XIII for the PS2. The total came out to be over 150 bucks, but it slimmed down to about $30 after the discount. I haven't been this happy in a long time.