Thread: Faulty PSone

1. Faulty PSone

The PSone I bought "new" from Target last year and never got to until now is defective, I'm thrilled to say. The unit won't power at all when I use the stock AC adaptor and if I use an all purpose adaptor I can get it to power (as in the power light will light) but I don't get anything except some interference on the screen and from the speakers. Should I try a new adaptor, or can I take a power supply from a beater (if I can find one) and try to Frankenstein it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

2. mebbe the psu unit inside the system is shot.

3. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    The PSone I bought "new" from Target last year and never got to until now is defective, I'm thrilled to say. The unit won't power at all when I use the stock AC adaptor and if I use an all purpose adaptor I can get it to power (as in the power light will light) but I don't get anything except some interference on the screen and from the speakers. Should I try a new adaptor, or can I take a power supply from a beater (if I can find one) and try to Frankenstein it.
    Sounds like the adaptor your using doesnt supply enough current to run the PSone completely.

Try a new adaptor, unless something else is nuked inside the psone, it should work..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

4. he already said the stock adapter doesnt work. its got to be something inside.