Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

1. The Walking Dead

I just recently bought the two trade paperbacks of this series for my birthday, and let me tell you they are awesome. It's a "Dawn of the Dead" (original) style zombie invasion and a man named Rick Grimes who tries to survive it. To anyone who loves zombie movies, you should definiately give these graphic novels a try.

After 20 issues, the series is still ongoing too. The third trade paperback comes out in April. So, don't worry about not being able to find individual back issues.
    Time for a change

2. Yeah I've been reading this since it first came out I really like it. Your the first person I've heard talk about it though. Robert Kirkman is a great writer if you like this you should pick up a book he does called BRIT its great there are only three issues so far and it only comes out every four months. Its hilarious

3. Sounds like something I might be interested in as a huge zombie fan. Thanks for the heads up g0zen.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. Quote Originally Posted by PitfallHarry
    Yeah I've been reading this since it first came out I really like it. Your the first person I've heard talk about it though. Robert Kirkman is a great writer if you like this you should pick up a book he does called BRIT its great there are only three issues so far and it only comes out every four months. Its hilarious
    I read Battle Pope, loved it. I couldn't imagine the same guy who does that doing something so cerebral and engaging with his characters. There is very little humor in The Walking Dead, which I think is to its credit.
    Time for a change

5. Okay, so I picked this up today (vol. 1).

The dialogue's kinda stale, but overall, great stuff. Fantastic art. Kinda cool that it takes place right around my neck of the woods, outside of Atlanta. Writer must be from around here, the county names stated were correct and all.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Okay, so I picked this up today (vol. 1).

The dialogue's kinda stale, but overall, great stuff. Fantastic art. Kinda cool that it takes place right around my neck of the woods, outside of Atlanta. Writer must be from around here, the county names stated were correct and all.
    They talk like real people; something few movies and no TV shows ever get right. That's one of the things I love so much about the series, the characters are so believeable.
    Time for a change

7. I just got the first two volumes and devoured (heh) them. Great stuff especially for zombie fans. Man, April is going to be a long wait!

8. Well, it took longer than April for Vol. 3 to come out, but now it is. I've ordered it through Amazon, so it's on its way. In the meantime, I picked up a few of the issues that'll be in it, and let me tell you the series is still white hot. This has quickly become my favorite all time comic series.
    Time for a change

9. Does Tony Moore ever come back to do the art? Because whoever his replacement was in vol. 2 paled in comparison by, as the videogame industry would say, orders of magnitude.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Does Tony Moore ever come back to do the art? Because whoever his replacement was in vol. 2 paled in comparison by, as the videogame industry would say, orders of magnitude.
    I didn't notice too great a difference, but to answer your question: No, Charlie Adlard is still doing the art. I think he does a fine job. The main draw of this series, for me anyway, isn't the art so much as the writing. The art compliments the writing, rather than overshadowing it.
    Time for a change