Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Busy...AGAIN?!

1. Sweat Busy...AGAIN?!

I know that we lost cka ( Fuck you very much IP) and things may be looking bleak for TNL , but losing posts to the infinite graveyard is kind of starting to piss me off. Especially when they are lengthy high quality posts like mine ( )

Seriously though, Isnt their another busy option you can hook us up with, Nick. Instead of when we try to submit a reply, getting the 'VBulletin:Servers are too busy' message, getting fucked and losing our post?

I'd rather just see my screen freeze up and not do anything for a while and then just send my reply through once the servers are good again, than to get the dreaded message.

Just curious. I know you do your best, so dont sweat it if you cant.....

2. I have a habit of copying my entire reply before I hit Send when it's long or when the site seems slow.

I might change servers soon. This is happening because the server is too busy with all this PHP activity. It doesn't seem to be the stats program.

How often has this happened?

3. Ctrl + c is your friend.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

The busy server message happens often in the middle of the day for me.

I just got one a few minutes ago actually.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I used to never run into these, but they seem to be happening more and more over the past month or so.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I have a habit of copying my entire reply before I hit Send when it's long or when the site seems slow.
    I might change servers soon. This is happening because the server is too busy with all this PHP activity. It doesn't seem to be the stats program.

Yeah, I did that on one of the last posts I made, and sure enough - "FU Jetman, BUSY SERVER" - .
    But, yeah, man, I get the message at least 4 times a day it seems. I dont browse TNL non-stop, but it seems like whenever I start posting I start getting the message. Today it happended to me 3 times in a row so I figured, It wouldnt hurt to ask about it.

Anyways, I was just curious to see if you had anything 'crack-a-lackin' to limit this and see what was going down.

I guess there's no way to quick fix this then without doing a server swap? What if I slip cka a 20 spot?

7. I think cka hates this server anyway.

Don't worry, this'll be fixed.

8. Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Don't worry, this'll be fixed.
    splendiferous

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    One out of every twenty or so posts goes straight to the void.

10. maybe now it'll be one out of every forty