Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard Drive brands

1. Hard Drive brands

Just curious as to what brand of hard drives most of you purchase, it's time for a new one myself. Looking for reliability of course.

2. I use a 200 GB Maxtor. They have a pretty good reputation.

I think Seagate and Maxtor are generally the highest quality.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Hitachi.. i that is going to be next purhcpase i heard awesome stuff about their drives..

4. never had a problem with my Western Digitals

1 40 gig

1 200 gig
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

5. Seagate is #1

i like Western Digitals too. Maxtors have died on me a few times.

6. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    I use a 200 GB Maxtor. They have a pretty good reputation.

I think Seagate and Maxtor are generally the highest quality.
    Humbug to Maxtor. I perfer Western Digital or Seagate.
    o_O

7. seagate is usually regarded as the most quiet with maxtor being the loudest. all really depends on what you consider "loud". the hitachi line is the bought out IBM Deathstar line that used top have a HIGH failure rate but has "so far" been reliable. then again theyve only had the line for about a year and thats when the IBM's started going bad.

LOL Guest
    Seagate and Western Digital are the only choices you should consider. Maxtor actually has a horrid reputation, and it's the only drive I've ever seen die in person (multiple times, too). I've only used Western Digitals my whole life and have never had a problem.

9. My Western digital crapped out on me recently, and they no longer offer the 5 year warranty (I missed the warranty by 17 days ). I'd say go with Seagate in that consideration that they still offer the 5 year warranty as opposed to the standard 1 year with WD, or you can pay some extra cash for a 3 year warranty. I've never tried maxtor.

10. i have a maxtor in my xbox and its VERY audible. have had the seagate in my pc for about 3 years now. no problems with the seagate.