Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CN/AS gets more anime

1. Bobobo! I never thought I'd see that. :O

2. IPGX has a really neat premise. I hope they end up putting some Lupin TV specials on AS, especially since some have already been edited, and would be perfect for AS airing.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 18 Feb 2005 at 01:39 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Bobobo... that's unexpected and awesome. Naruto not so unexpected, but equally awesome. And Piotr, I won't say it'll be completely unedited, but it'll get much less editing on CN than it would anywhere else on TV.

Hopefully they'll unedit some of the the edits to One Piece, Fox's version of it was neutered to a completely shameful degree.
    Toonami’s 2005 schedule is loaded with new series, all-new episodes of the best action-animé programming and the premiere of IGPX, the first Toonami original series.
    Er, wouldn't that be Megas XLR? And it's conspicuously absent from that list, does that mean it's been canned? If so, there's yet another reason to despise humanity.

4. Yay shonen jump anime!! Bobobo: weird! Naruto: finally! One Piece: Not on the FoxBox! with luck, these things won't suck!

PS: i'm happy to hear that Case Closed will be back on because i like that show too.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Bobobo... that's unexpected and awesome. Naruto not so unexpected, but equally awesome. And Piotr, I won't say it'll be completely unedited, but it'll get much less editing on CN than it would anywhere else on TV.

Hopefully they'll unedit some of the the edits to One Piece, Fox's version of it was neutered to a completely shameful degree.

Er, wouldn't that be Megas XLR? And it's conspicuously absent from that list, does that mean it's been canned? If so, there's yet another reason to despise humanity.
    Megas season is over. I think they are working on season 3 for Megas.

6. From seeing all of the other responses, I guess I'll be the only one wondering this, but does this mean that all of the Williams Street stuff will be gone? Yes, they were getting kinda stale, but I still really enjoyed them. Midway recently announced that they have the rights to create games on the Williams Street toons, so that would be bad timing if they WERE cancelled.

Also, it'll be nice to catch some of the Anime that's shown on the Fox Box, since the local Fox affiliate here has never shown the Fox Box. They instead elect to show various local programming in its time slot, because we definately don't have enough of that allready.

7. Your not missing anything on foxbox.Except for Shaman King they got nothing.

8. Quote Originally Posted by toby
    The Boondocks
    Didn't catch this the first time through. Thanks for giving me a half-hour Halo 2 break, Cartoon Network.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth
    From seeing all of the other responses, I guess I'll be the only one wondering this, but does this mean that all of the Williams Street stuff will be gone? Yes, they were getting kinda stale, but I still really enjoyed them. Midway recently announced that they have the rights to create games on the Williams Street toons, so that would be bad timing if they WERE cancelled.
    They're still working on Squidbillies. I'm sure we'll get more.

Eventually.
    How many times did they attempt making that pilot?

9. Quote Originally Posted by toby
    Isn't DBGT over already? How are their new episodes?
    Yup, but I think CN will be airing the "lost epsidoes" that Funi took out of the beginning of the series when they originally did the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Oh, and:

Dear Cartoon Network,

Please, for the love of GOD, take Inuyasha off of my television. If you need to fill that slot with a Takahashi anime, put on Maison Ikkoku. I will <3 you then.

Your pal,
    - shidoshi
    How 'bout they leave Inuyasha on AND put on Maison Ikkoku? I doubt they'll take off a series that gets some of their best ratings...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    - I'm not too crazy about One Peice.
    Even after having watched 200+ episodes of this series, I'm still looking forward to watching it again when it airs here. The first couple of episodes aren't all that great though from what I can remember.