Thread: Windows not recognizing subwoofer?

Yuck Windows not recognizing subwoofer?

Okay so I used to have my speakers set up (2.1) no problem right? The computer was goin a little slow, yatta yatta yatta so I decided to reformat. Everything went great, but I noticed my music was sounding a little funny. At first i dismissed it as my sound settings but then I checked my sound channels and saw that the sub channel was empty.

I installed the latest drivers (from the nforce unified drivers, its an onboard soundstorm audiocard) and everything but it still isn't detected. I tried plugging and unplugging all the cords but still no luck. Also, I know its working because I can still feel some faint bass coming out of it, just nothing compared to what its suppose to output.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

2. Hook it up to a Hummer.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Hook it up to a Hummer.
    *high-five*

I hate you guys.... seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NApOLm321
    I hate you guys.... seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

6. Quote Originally Posted by NApOLm321
    Okay so I used to have my speakers set up (2.1) no problem right? The computer was goin a little slow, yatta yatta yatta so I decided to reformat. Everything went great, but I noticed my music was sounding a little funny. At first i dismissed it as my sound settings but then I checked my sound channels and saw that the sub channel was empty.

I installed the latest drivers (from the nforce unified drivers, its an onboard soundstorm audiocard) and everything but it still isn't detected. I tried plugging and unplugging all the cords but still no luck. Also, I know its working because I can still feel some faint bass coming out of it, just nothing compared to what its suppose to output.

Any ideas?
    Try the software sound mixer provided by nVidia.
    o_O