Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone of the Ender: 2nd Runner Thread

Sorry for straying off topic a bit but has anyone played the GBA ZOE? Is it any good?

2. This can't be viola, can it...?

Leo is looking bad-ass (tighten up that band..bro)

Oh my Jehuty is looking freakin SWEET

Like I stated before, I hope this game has some form of conclusion, since the first installment was pure...A$$ in terms of a conclusion.
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

3. Still looks only 1 step above last generation PSx stuff),
    The fuck are you smoking?

4. Who's doing the character design for this one? The change is really evident in Leo's new outfit, which looks like nothing else in the first one (quite clashing to the design).

5. Originally posted by 2D4EVER

The fuck are you smoking?

Some great fucking shit but thats not the point. I'd argue this but would you even consider the validity of my point? Style helps make this game look alot better than it is, boot it up and check out out alot of the geometry and level layout. It's pretty goddamn basic and when looking at games like Chrono Cross(y main example) this game does start to look more and more like chocolate covered piss. If you want to argue the point further, go for it, I'm up for some fun.

6. This game looks hot !!

Damn lot of great mech games this year
    - Kabuki

7. Originally posted by Chojin
    Style helps make this game look alot better than it is, boot it up and check out out alot of the geometry and level layout. It's pretty goddamn basic and when looking at games like Chrono Cross(y main example) this game does start to look more and more like chocolate covered piss. If you want to argue the point further, go for it, I'm up for some fun.
    I agree and disagree with you on this. Once you mentioned it, I can see that it does resemble graphics that the PSX has produced. There were lots of "shades of grey", industrial graphic environments in PSX games, MGS being just one example. The PSX also did these graphics well. New games on new systems that feature these types of graphical environments (industrial greys) often look like high-res versions of those PSX games.

That does NOT mean that these ZOE 2 shots are shite. The PSX had some great-looking low-res graphics, now we get great-looking high-res graphics (polygon counts are not as vital these days) with added special effects and sleeker design. Look at those particle effects, and that nifty design of Jehuty- very nice indeed.

8. Originally posted by Zerodash

I agree and disagree with you on this. Once you mentioned it, I can see that it does resemble graphics that the PSX has produced. There were lots of "shades of grey", industrial graphic environments in PSX games, MGS being just one example. The PSX also did these graphics well. New games on new systems that feature these types of graphical environments (industrial greys) often look like high-res versions of those PSX games.

That does NOT mean that these ZOE 2 shots are shite. The PSX had some great-looking low-res graphics, now we get great-looking high-res graphics (polygon counts are not as vital these days) with added special effects and sleeker design. Look at those particle effects, and that nifty design of Jehuty- very nice indeed.
    I never said the ZOE2 shots were shit though. Right now I have no real opinion on them since the mecha looks about the same, and as has been demonstrated time and time again, amazing particle effects are a dime a dozen on the PS2 so there's not much to go by. When we start seeing some giant enviromental shots or some movies at the very least, then I'll start to form an opinion for ZOE2.