Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ambitous Perfect Dark mod for Half Life 2.

After just beating Half Life 2... I tried to play Perfect Dark about 15 minutes ago... and I couldn't. I'm not a graphics whore in the least, and I still play my N64 often enough, but I consider it to be unplayable. Everythings blurry as hell, the controls are horrible, and the framerates suck, ass. This mod is a cool idea but I doubt it will go anywhere.

Have you guys heard of the new Black Mesa mod? They are essentially trying to do what this mod is doing except with the original Half Life. I'm more excited to see what happens to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    It's not to build hype, it's to attract other talented hands to help complete the project.
    Very wise words. I have been on numerous mod teams pre-release and the only ones that were successful were the ones that managed to publicise their concept and gain popularity and support for it before they released. Without that they are always doomed.
    Before I joined my current mod team I was on another team that was in direct competition. At one point we had a much better team and much more content made however their mod made friends with a number of big community website personnel and soon after their PR machine started pulling highly talented modders including myself.

I hope I get a chance to play this Perfect dark mod but I've seen a lot of similar mods go down because they are not on the right engine. Eg. they try to make a Blizzard classic on an EA engine.

3. Mods go down because people get disheartened when they can't say "Abracadabra" and a finished project shows up.