Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop the spams.

1. Yuck Stop the spams.

Alright, it's getting a little out of hand.

The people that do this just post once or twice and then leave, so just require new users to make 10 or so replies before they are allowed posting priveledges, and they won't be a problem.

2. As I mentioned before, over at my place, new accounts can't post new topics until they are fully validated, they can only reply. Thus, it is an idea I fully support. It won't solve every problem, but it might help with this ("OMFG free system!!!") kind of thing.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. I tried that (moderate new members) but all they did was wait until they were moderated and validated until they spammed. I still stand by using paypal (not so much for people paying money to post, but for giving us a nice paper trail for issuing abuse reports and such) as a verification method to abolish the spamming but nick already said multiple times he wants no part in that.

and yeah this is pretty fucking sad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sad.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	14291  
    Last edited by cka; 21 Feb 2005 at 09:47 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Alright, it's getting a little out of hand.

The people that do this just post once or twice and then leave, so just require new users to make 10 or so replies before they are allowed posting priveledges, and they won't be a problem.

The reply thing is actually a pretty good idea - either that or dont let them create threads for a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure it's the same person each and every time.
    Last edited by Revoltor; 22 Feb 2005 at 01:03 AM. Reason: I don't really read the threads that I post in
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. I agree with the wait 10 posts thing.

Let me delete threads. I'm on TNL all fucking night anyway...

Problem solved.

Me too.

Wait...now I'm sad
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

10. I stand by my original idea- we track the company down, we find out which TNLers are in the area, and we pay a visit to "explain our views". Our views may involve hatchets and napalm, but it's our right as Americans to express them!

We need a flag-waving smiley...

James