Page 1 of 24 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Photography

1. Photography

I sure do. I've always loved photography. Although some may not classify it as art, I certainly do. Theres just something about a good photographer that makes their pictures good. Its sort of hard to explain. I'll post more of my pictures later
    Comments appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post1.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	1086  

2. A kid with a stick

Name:	post2.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	1088  

3. I think you're a brave soul for trying photography, but none of the pictures are working for me. They just seem like amateurish shots.

The composition is plain, the subjects are clustered and average, and nothing stands out in the shots. Technically they are exposed well, but it takes more than that to make a photograph, which is why photography is so hard, but can also be really rewarding.

Keep trying. That structure you have looks interesting, try exposing at different angles and skip the colour film. AGFA 400 (ISO) film is great for your purpose.

Also, a talented photographer can take a really good photo with any camera, sometimes old cannons and minoltas are great. It's just a lot easier with an automatic.

Just some advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Yes, I know, these are some of my poor shots. I really need to scan some of my B&W stuff. I just posted these to get the topic going. Thanks for the comments

Oh, and these are digital pictures, thats why the second one may look kinda funny (did a few edits on it ) I normally use a Pentax K-1000 for all of my serious photography. Monday I'll scan some of my B&W ones and post em here
    To understand man, walk it shoe on other foots.

5. I use two camera's depending on what I want. Depth of feild is a lot easier with older cameras without auto-focus and all of this.

I look forward to it. Also, film is the best way to go. Developing is fun also once you get the hang of it (all of 1 or 2 tries) but most people don't and use digital to avoid this step, but it's valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I like to dip my feet in some photography every once in a while... I have a Lomo camera [35mm] that I like to carry around pretty often just to snap random pictures.

Check out my Lomo page here: www.lomohomes.com/BM_L

Nothing I have up there is really that fantastic... A lot of experimental crap..

[Please turn head 90 degrees]

7. The tunnel one is cool, long exposure night shots are always interesing. Nice stuff, I like it
    To understand man, walk it shoe on other foots.

8. Thank-ee.

Here are a couple more experimental Lomo photographs...

Nothing special here, but you can do some pretty wild stuff with this camera and lights as seen here... Just a shot taken on the highway.

This is, believe it or not, the New York Skyline. I took it while running along a dock facing the city.

Kinda getting abstract here... But this is a skiing slope.

A ski lift. Nothing too great, but I kinda like how the colors came out.

Again, another experimental picture. This was taken through a screen in a window in my house... It's just the other side of my street. Once again, I like the color.

Name:	pic025.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	1094  

9. I like your first four pictures, Click_Stick. Long exposure at night, or whatever that's called, piss me off though.

10. Thanks. Long exposure... hell. I don't even know any of the technical lingo, really.

Unfortunately I didn't get online developing with my most recent batch, so I can't show any of those. Hopefully I will find some things to snap and use up the roll I have now... I think I might have something decent on there.

I'm kinda just finally getting in photography... I've always been interested in it and appreciated a good snapshot, but now I'd like to pursue it even further, I suppose.