Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I demand a list of banned words

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Come on, man, it can't be too hard to refrain from saying something that some sandy vagina would get upset about in the regular, public areas that anyone can view.
    Of course it's not hard, but that doesn't solve anything either. The lesson I am learning here is that I am not reporting enough threads.

Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    You just called homosexuality a 'genetic deficiency'. That's about as clear a case of rampant homophobia as you're going to find.
    It's called science. A genetic mutation, which is likely what causes homosexuality, that causes the organism to become incapable mentally to reproduce is just about the most obvious example of a scientific genetic deficiency as you can come up with. That is why I compared it to retardation. That is another genetic mutation that causes the organism to lose mental function. Just because you whiny ass liberals don't like to think logically doesn't make it less true scientifically.

To take your ridiculous point further though, male pattern baldness is a genetic deficiency. I guess "baldy" is now a word that is punishable by suspension? Does saying it make me a "furrily-challenged-o-phobe"?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 25 Feb 2005 at 12:26 PM.

2. You are the living end.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Alright, since this thread has turned into "An Evening With Yoshi: Gays, God's Little Mistakes." I think it's time for it to die. The fact remains that all we're asking for is a little common sense (obviously a tall order). "But, but...he said a bad word too!" is not a good defense. It's something my 5 year old nephew would say. Should people be using "retard"? No, I don't like the word, but TNL isn't going to institute a policy where we ban every single potentially hurtful word, just ones that are proven to bother a large part of the community. There are gay people on the board, there are black people on the board, and if they're not happy with someone using a hateful slur, I can understand that, much as I would expect people to not say that sort of thing in my house. If there was someone who was retarded over at my house, the same rules would apply. This board is for everyone, and Nick asks that you don't use any inflammatory, descriminatory language towards other members. Attack them for what they think, what they say, but not who they are. It's common sense and courtesy, something I don't think "whiney liberals" have a monopoly on, but you may prove me wrong.

If you want to use anti-gay slurs, go ahead, but you will be banned for it. If that bothers you so much to not be able to strike out against the evils of homosexuality, then you probably are better off following through on your promise to find a new board to post on.

Edit: I'm not going to lock the thread yet, because I want to see if there's any potential for intelligent discourse left. We'll see.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

Kano, I appreciate you taking the time to write that up. That logic needs to be added to the site policies though. The fact that you are not hiding behind some idealogical bullshit but rather saying that it is silent vote is understandable. I will abide by the policy, and I hope that a more consistent interpretation will be implemented as well.

I personally have never thought or used "fag" as a synonym for "gay" or "nigger" as a synonym for "black". I have very specific intent with each, and they only refer to a smaller subset of each group. In other words, in my eyes, you can definitely be gay or black without being a "fag" or a "nigger", just like you can be white without being a "cracker". Obviously some people don't understand that or see it that way though.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 25 Feb 2005 at 12:42 PM.

5. Yoshi, there are no scientific studies showing that 'gayness' is at all based at a genetic level, let alone a genetic mutation. If you have some study unknown to me please present it, otherwise you are very very wrong.
    your mom

Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    Yoshi, there are no scientific studies showing that 'gayness' is at all based at a genetic level, let alone a genetic mutation. If you have some study unknown to me please present it, otherwise you are very very wrong.
    I said that it was likely. There are only two possible causes, genetics or environment, and I'm not buying the latter.

7. Everything seems to be somewhat settled, so I'm locking the thread. Thanks to everyone involed.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico