Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Spikeout: Battle Street - Official thread

1. Xbox Spikeout: Battle Street - Official thread

After seemingly endless delays, this is FINALLY coming out in a month. IGN has new stuff up on it, making me even more excited about finally being able to play Spikeout in any form. I can't wait to face folks in this on XbL, and I'm hoping against hope that RAH No. 1 is thrown in as an extra.

Here's IGN new stuff on it -
    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/590/590422p1.html

Here's EB's listing for it -
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255825.asp

Here's the cover art, with a Doom-esque logo -
    Last edited by Jeremy; 25 Feb 2005 at 02:40 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. This game looks like total shit and the box art looks even worse.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel
    Really, why the fuck do you feel the need to do this? Great, you only enjoy like 6 fucking PC games. Great. Good for you. Nobody is trolling you on those. Now shut the fuck up and do the same for others.
    ...and why do you feel the need to feed him? He's also allowed to have a different opinion than you.
    Regardless, I'd like to play this game, myself. Live really seems like the only big draw to it. The box art doesn't help.

4. So why would RAH#1 be included on this game, as opposed to any other random Sega release, anyway? I wouldn't complain, it just seems an odd thing to hope for.

James

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    After seemingly endless delays, this is FINALLY coming out in a month. IGN has new stuff up on it, making me even more excited about finally being able to play Spikeout in any form. I can't wait to face folks in this on XbL, and I'm hoping against hope that RAH No. 1 is thrown in as an extra.

Here's IGN new stuff on it -
    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/590/590422p1.html

Here's EB's listing for it -
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255825.asp

Here's the cover art, with a Doom-esque logo -
    Thats not just a Doom 3-esque logo... thats a blatant Doom 3 ripoff IMO.

Anyway - I doubt this game actually comes out.
    o_O

6. Anyway - I doubt this game actually comes out.
    Why? Price point alone says it'll do better than Virtua Quest, which sold less than 600 copies on 2 platforms combined last month. If they're willing to piss away the money to distribute other sales clunkers like that and Amazing Island, there's no reason they wouldn't put this out.

7. James, really, no reason, aside from both games having similar gameplay mechanics with battle, and both having interesting roads to release. I'll believe the release date when I actually have the game in my hands, although since Sega's handling the release themselves, it likely will come out.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Why? Price point alone says it'll do better than Virtua Quest, which sold less than 600 copies on 2 platforms combined last month. If they're willing to piss away the money to distribute other sales clunkers like that and Amazing Island, there's no reason they wouldn't put this out.
    Sega is putting out Shining Tears at $50. They'll do anything.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Sega needs to be releasing their shit in the $20-$30 range if they want folks to bite. No one wants to pay $50 for games nowadays, especially niche titles like theirs, it's sales suicide. On the upside, the prices drop like a stone, which would make one hope that they'd learn their lesson about that.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Well, this sorta makes up for the lack of Streets of Rage 4. I'm going there especially when it's just $30. Bring it on Sega.