Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5060626364

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender

1. I just watched every Last Airbender and Kora episode over the last month. It was all fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    They've been kind of going in that direction for a whiiiiile, though.
    Were they though? I knew it was coming from spoilers, I was looking for them to have some really close relationship where this is the obvious outcome, never saw it. They don't connect very deeply at all in the first two seasons, they did spend a shit ton of time together in season 3, but then spent a ton of time apart in 4. Other than Kora only writing letters to Asami I never saw anything that would have left me wondering if they ended up together had the last three minutes of the series, and specifically the last ten seconds, not happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    I still can't find any explicit examples of them interacting with one another that suggested romance over friendship.
    You're not the only one.
    Last edited by Opaque; 23 Mar 2015 at 06:00 PM.

2. I think a lot of it was the failed male-female relationships on that show were always underlined by how well those two worked. Just seemed natural to me that they went there with it (called it in Season 1), I'm surprised they got to.

It's an obvious pairing if you forget for a second that it's not the standard. They make way more sense as a couple than Korra/Bolin did, or how Korra/Mako played out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I think a lot of people's reading into that relationship is based on how few decent female-female friends relationships are portrayed in just about any media at all. My wife and her best friend used to have fun making people think they were gay, because they're so close and people enjoy jumping to conclusions. All that means is that they get along great, not that they want to tear off each other's clothes.

4. Is it still 'reading in to it' if it is actually what ended up happening?

I think the bigger issue is that writers have no idea how to write a relationship for a woman without falling into tropes or making the character gay.

Writers for the most part, have no idea why anyone would really want to date a man.

6. Have you watched the show yet?

HAVE YOU WATCHED THE SHOW YET?

8. Yeah, it was pretty good.