Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear

1. Wanted to give this show some more love. Discovery Channel airs this and I love it. I like the hosts, they have the sickest cars, lots of variety and lots of neat info. It's great to see a lot of cars that get just a mention in car magazines in the States. It always throws me when they get in the driver side on the right.

Right now they are having a guy crash a car into another one with a person in it at like 30 mph! That shit was nuts.

New episodes are on Wednesdays at 10pm EST.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 28 Sep 2005 at 10:58 PM.

2. Thee only problem is the Discovery channel version is shit. I understand why the "Star in a reasonably priced car" is cut, but the editing is awful. Segments are cut off mid sentence, and abrupt.

D/l the torrents and watch it intact. Much much better, plus its widescreen.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

3. I'll have to look it up.

4. It's back! Clarkson, May, and the Hamster return! Season 7 started last sunday with a good episode. Aston V8 Vantage, vs. M6, vs. 911 back on the isle of Mann. The eps are no longer on the final gear website, but you can find them on torrent spy and mininova by sunday night when they air.

The preview of this season looks fantastic, particularly 'the race' episode. I thought there was no way they'd top the SLR in last season's race, but is that a 1001 hp Bugatti Veyron Clarkson is driving!? Clarkson also brings out his GT in GT vs. Zonda vs. Ferrari (the preview has a clip of Hamster bottoming out the Zonda...oops).

Also looking forward to
    -miata vs greyhound
    -Audi S4(?) vs rock climber
    -An R34 shooting flames out the tailpipe
    -May getting in a fender bender in some older exotic (looks like the cheap used car ep. competition is going exotic this time around)
    -RC cars with Hamster in the back seat

This is by far the best show on tv. I have almost every ep since it started up again on my comp and i watch them all the time. I've seen most of them at least 5 times, usually just putting it on while i go to sleep. I even DL'd some of the old ones from the late 80s/ early 90s hoping to see a young Clarkson but he wasn't on the show yet and they were boring as hell.

5. Only 6 Episodes this "Series" which kinda sucks, but the following on is supposed to be huge.

JC's German car comment and "indicator" arm gesture was the best line I have heard from him all year..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

6. Damn, only six eps sucks. They do look good though.

The german thing was funny. The Frech weren't safe this ep either.

7. Does Discovery still air this? Haven't seen it in awhile.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    Does Discovery still air this? Haven't seen it in awhile.
    Just torrent the real episodes. There is no way they show the funny stuff like the german indicator stalks or all the French bashing on Discovery.

"cocks buy Porches"

9. They stopped showing this in the US, according to Clarkson, apparently for the differences in language ("petrol" or "gas"?) and the insults.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    They stopped showing this in the US, according to Clarkson, apparently for the differences in language ("petrol" or "gas"?) and the insults.
    They were neutering it anyway.

Last ep was my fav of the season, them trying to get the cars out of the parking garage was hilarious. If today's is the Veyron i'll be very happy

Here's Clarkson's page on the Times Online. Some good reads in there, not for the car reviews though. They're all about 2 pages long, the first page barely references the car, and the second page has maybe one solid paragraph on the actual car. The rest is just him ranting.
    http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/sec...,12529,00.html
    Last edited by stormy; 04 Dec 2005 at 04:42 PM.