Page 155 of 159 FirstFirst ... 141151153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1582

Thread: The Official Metal Thread

1. Find out, pls.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I heard some sick ass instrumental technical doom (is there such a thing?) band yesterday but I have NO IDEA who they were.
    The only decent band I can think of that fits that description is Serpent Throne. Pelican maybe? They're kind of awful, though.

3. I have one Pelican CD I don't like much. I wouldn't describe them as metal, but I see their wiki calls them "post-metal."

4. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    The only decent band I can think of that fits that description is Serpent Throne. Pelican maybe? They're kind of awful, though.
    I saw Serpent Throne a little while ago for the first time since seeing them open for Mastodon eight years ago. I thought they sucked back then, but they are SO GOOD now. A good guess since they're from Philly.

Also I saw Katatonia last night. Left after two songs. They are still SO BAD live. Which is a shame because their newest album isn't as embarrassing as I thought it would be.
    But I was there because Cult of Luna was opening, who haven't played in the US since the aforementioned Mastodon show eight years ago. Still so good. Great light work too. Made the wall-of-sound parts really effective.

5. Katatonia will be here on the 7th. Love those Monday night shows. :/ I've seen them before (quite a while ago - Jonas wasn't fat) and I had a fairly similar experience. My wife really wants to see them despite my warnings, so I may end up going to catch Cult of Luna. Vertikal was one of the bigger surprises for me this year.

6. More impressive than any metal album I heard this year:

Click for full size

7. Just stop.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Listening to more of that new Kayo Dot. It's really quite incredible. Sounds almost like Sigh at times.
    Okay this shit is way better than I expected Kayo Dot in 2013 to be.

9. hey guys, long time no talk. In case anyone wonders where I ran off too, I talk metal at a blog I operate @ www.themetalpigeon.com . I much more literate theres.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

10. It sounds like Agalloch is trying really hard to make Pale Folklore 2:

http://www.stereogum.com/1670102/aga...al-effigy/mp3s

Just let it go, man. 1999 ain't coming back.