Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Y100: Philadelphia Alt. Rock station. Gone.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron
    I don't think I see anything wrong with this thread.
    I think it started with Advocate's sig and things went awry from there.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. WYSP is still on, right? They're an alterna rock station.

I remember when Y100 went on the air. They were good for a while, but I live within range of NY stations now and hadn't listened in years, so I'm hard pressed to care.

NY stations suck ass. It's terrible. Is there/was there ever a NY music scene, anyway? All the good stuff seems to come from elsewhere. Except I really liked the Eaves, I think they were from NY.

The only good stations around here these days are the rap/hip hop stations, and even those are mediocre. The other stations play top-50 hits pretty much nonstop, even the classic rock stations.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    WYSP is still on, right? They're an alterna rock station.

YSP's still here and they mostly play Black Sabbath, Guns n Roses, Motley Crue, Metallica. Always have.

Although I did hear them play some Chevelle tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    NY stations suck ass. It's terrible. Is there/was there ever a NY music scene, anyway? All the good stuff seems to come from elsewhere. Except I really liked the Eaves, I think they were from NY.

The only good stations around here these days are the rap/hip hop stations, and even those are mediocre. The other stations play top-50 hits pretty much nonstop, even the classic rock stations.
    College stations WFUV and WKCR (Fordham and Columbia) are rather good. WBGO (Jazz FM) is also pretty rockin.

If you wanna make love to your lady pop on "Amor 93.1". Love has no language barriers
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

Thanks for the recommendations!

8. Sure thing. AM radio rocks too (but not musically)
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

9. WYSP and WMMR are gonna start to play more alt. rock ... but they did say don't thyink for a minute that you'll hear Punk all the time.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. There was a protest, dubbed the Protestival at the Art Museum steps yesterday at around 3 pm.

Here are some pics:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v231/1...Tival/?start=0

News crews were there to film some of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post