Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y100: Philadelphia Alt. Rock station. Gone.

1. Y100: Philadelphia Alt. Rock station. Gone.

On Thursday, February 24, 2005, 100.3fm, WPLY, Y100, was taken off the air. After nearly 12 years at 100.3, Alternative Rock disappeared from the Philadelphia radio landscape. With it went the musical companion of over 500,000 residents of the Delaware Valley. Y100Rocks.com is being put together to give the fans and staff of Y100 a place to come to share, to vent, and to work together towards the future. To do this, we have set up a few things:

1 - A petition to protest the loss of Y100. Click here and send a message to the owners of Radio One to demand that they return Y100 to 100.3fm immediately. Only if we complain loudly enough will we be heard! NOTE: OK - We are hearing about problems... we think we have it figured out. You can only sign up 1x per computer! The singnup is not by email address, but IP Address (so that you can't 'stuff' the ballot box by making up fake email addresses). Keep pushing - We are making a difference!

2 - We have set up an online radio station and given it to the Y100 staff. To listen, all you need is a computer linked to the internet - Y100 Rocks, an online radio station dedicated to keeping the music alive -from sonic session tracks to local artists to the best alt rock and Y100 DJs. Soon some of the DJs will be broadcasting live from their homes - check back at Y100Rocks.com for updates.
    If you didn't know now you all do. I am a bit pet peeved about it, cause its the only one in the region and it was replaced by an 8th hip-hop/rap station. It wouldn't be so bad if there was another one around here. But its the only one in Three States(Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Delaware). Not good. If anyone cares help us out. If not thanks for at least listening.

Last edited by Advocate05; 02 Mar 2005 at 10:23 PM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. look at my sig.

This month has been garbage so far. One of my favorite actresses hangs herself, I'm falling behind in most of my classes, and then I get home Thursday night to find out from a friend that at midnight it's gonna switch over to garbage music.

The same fucking garbage station that took over WDRE when it was on 103.9

I sat there listening to the final hours of y100....last song being Pearl Jam's 'Alive'..same song played when WDRE went off the airwaves.

The petition already has around 33,000 signatures...and the y100 djs, Electra in particular were live on the y100 internet radio on Saturday night, which I listened to.

edit: The Inky and Rolling Stones are doing articles about this.
    Last edited by Klonoa; 28 Feb 2005 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. I do agree this is some pretty shitty news but honestly most of the music I heard on Y100 in these modern times was horrible, I mean it had it's moments but it was still the radio (which has gotten progressively worse). I havn't given the radio a listen in almost 6 months and recently found out the radio antenna fell off my car awhile back as well. I'll be sticking to my CD's.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. Quote Originally Posted by Klonoa
    look at my sig.

This month has been garbage so far. One of my favorite actresses hangs herself, I'm falling behind in most of my classes, and then I get home Thursday night to find out from a friend that at midnight it's gonna switch over to garbage music.

The same fucking garbage station that took over WDRE when it was on 103.9

I sat there listening to the final hours of y100....last song being Pearl Jam's 'Alive'..same song played when WDRE went off the airwaves.

The petition already has around 33,000 signatures...and the y100 djs, Electra in particular were live on the y100 internet radio on Saturday night, which I listened to.

edit: The Inky and Rolling Stones are doing articles about this.
    what actress recently hanged herself?
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

5. Quote Originally Posted by Klonoa's info
    r.i.p, Lee Eun Joo...
    Not sure, station... not sure...

The radio is nothing but a pit of shitty Spanish music now. I give up.

6. I understand the oh wells, but the thing is this was the only station in the Philly region that played Alt. Rock. They played rock from the Grundge era to now. There are other station in philly that play Rock, but WMMR plays 60's to 80's. And the "other" rock station ... they play Nickleback ... hardly heavy rock.

The other thing about Y100. They played alot of independants. They had alot of charitable events and they had a quite entertaining Morning Show. Its a station that will be missed and is now filled with more Hip-Hop. I know I like it too, but theres already 8 stations playing the same thing. And another thing ... The Beat which is the station that replaced Y100. They don't play Eminem, no joke. A station that promotes all rap and hip-hop they don't play Eminem, because he's white. I'm not kidding.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Is it just me or is this thread broken?
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate05
    I understand the oh wells, but the thing is this was the only station in the Philly region that played Alt. Rock. They played rock from the Grundge era to now. There are other station in philly that play Rock, but WMMR plays 60's to 80's. And the "other" rock station ... they play Nickleback ... hardly heavy rock.

The other thing about Y100. They played alot of independants. They had alot of charitable events and they had a quite entertaining Morning Show. Its a station that will be missed and is now filled with more Hip-Hop. I know I like it too, but theres already 8 stations playing the same thing. And another thing ... The Beat which is the station that replaced Y100. They don't play Eminem, no joke. A station that promotes all rap and hip-hop they don't play Eminem, because he's white. I'm not kidding.

WMMR plays modern rock too unless they stopped doing that recently.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Am I bold too?

**edit** yep. what the hell?

10. I don't think I see anything wrong with this thread.