Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars/ Pixars future

1. Cars/ Pixars future

The search showed no results so I decided to start a thread about the new Pixar movie. Cars http://www.Pixar.com has a link to see the new trailer for it. What do you think.

Also how do you see Pixars future. A lot of my friends see them flopping once the 3D "gimmick" fades off. I personally think Pixar will succeed and dreamworks will be the first 3D studio to fail.
    Anyway what do you think of Pixars chances?

2. I don't necessarily see either falling. Cars is the last Pixar movie with Disney, right? I either see Dreamworks and Pixar working together somehow, or becoming the Coke and Pepsi of animated movies, being that normal, 2D animation isn't cool enough for the movies anymore.

3. Here's the thing I see about Pixar and Dreamworks. Sure, Pixar might have a few stars working in their movies, but it seems like that's all Dreamworks has going for their 3D films. Shartale, Shrek and Robots all have this, and they make sure you know it in trailers, whereas you never heard once that Craig T Nelson was voicing Mr. Incredible, and aside from the dude who plays Ray Romano's brother on Everybody Loves Raymond in A Bug's Life there were pretty much nobodies.

4. To me, Cars looks like a total peice of shit. I'm hoping Pixar just crapped this one out to fullfill their contract to Disney. And I think they've got a really bright future, as long as they stay original and don't rehash the same shit to make Toy Story 5 or whatever. The fact that they are distancing themselves from Disney is a really good sign.

5. Sign of what? They don't have to leave, just renegotiate their contract. Disney has a shit ton more marketing power than most studios out there.

And another thing, Disney owns the rights to every film/character/likeness they've done so far.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    To me, Cars looks like a total peice of shit. I'm hoping Pixar just crapped this one out to fullfill their contract to Disney.
    I doubt it. If they're going out on their own in the marketplace, the last thing they want is a flop fresh in the public's minds.

Cars got bumped back to 2006. Hopefully this means that they're trying to improve it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Well it probably is a pretty chancy move for Pixar to sever ties with Disney. No doubt with Disney's name attached to a Pixar flick, its guranteed to be successful no matter how bad it is. But, lets not kid ourselves, Pixar is the only thing that has made Disney even worth a shit the last 10 years or so. I can't think of one of their movies that has even compared to a Pixar flick. And I'm sure Disney's "squeaky clean" reputation has got to be stifling creatively for Pixar. I wonder how many cool ideas Disney shoots down because it doesn't fit with their image.

8. Quote Originally Posted by toby
    Also how do you see Pixars future. A lot of my friends see them flopping once the 3D "gimmick" fades off. I personally think Pixar will succeed and dreamworks will be the first 3D studio to fail.
    Anyway what do you think of Pixars chances?
    I think Pixar's future is just fine. With their movies, the story and characters come before the 3D eye candy. That's why their movies rock.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Shark Tale is trash.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Well it probably is a pretty chancy move for Pixar to sever ties with Disney. No doubt with Disney's name attached to a Pixar flick, its guranteed to be successful no matter how bad it is.
    I don't know about that. Pixar's name is just about as well known as Disney's at this point. Any dullard I talk to knows about them.