Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Square-Enix reveals "Ivalice Alliance"

1. Square-Enix reveals "Ivalice Alliance"

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/13/sq...lice-alliance/

In addition to FFXII: Revenant Wings on the DS, we'll be seeing Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War for the PSP and FFTA2, which platform it's on hasn't been announced, most likely DS or even the GBA.

The Lion War on the PSP is a remake of the original Tactics, with new classes, cinemas, and potentially revamped graphics.

All of these take place in Square's fleshed out "Ivalice" setting, which I suppose they're planning to milk for all it's worth.

2. Dear videogame makers,

You all need to fucking stop it with the remakes. People shouldn't care, but they do. It's up to you to be the bigger man and enforce quality on your products.

Go fuck yourself,
    -Aaron
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Um, any FF game in Ivalice is better than any other game by anyone else that isn't in Ivalice. I may have to get a PSP now : (
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

4. I know theres some big fans of FFT out there. Here's hoping that FFTA2 lives up to their wants more than FFTA (all though I was perfectly happy with FFTA) I would like to see the port of FFT make it to our shores, I just wish they would give these ports a cheaper price tag in the 30 - 35 dollar range. Paying 40 bucks for FFT again just won't happen for me, it's the same reason I still don't own VP for the PSP.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Thank the fucking gods. Not even a week ago I finally sold my copy of Tactics because I knew I would never sit down and play through it unless it ended up on a handheld. And so my wishes have been answered.

6. OK, I know this isn't on topic. I was actually about to come in to this thread, post "FUCK FINAL FANTASY", and then run away...

BUT....just HOW GOOD is FINAL FANTASY 12!? I haven't played this game, because I am getting so sick of JRPG's...but my friend keeps going on and on about it. Is Final Fantasy 12 a unique enough experience to actually warrant a purchase? Basically, I trust the opinion of you guys over my friend who thought "Van Helsing" was the movie of the year when it came out. Thanks.

7. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    OK, I know this isn't on topic. I was actually about to come in to this thread, post "FUCK FINAL FANTASY", and then run away...

BUT....just HOW GOOD is FINAL FANTASY 12!? I haven't played this game, because I am getting so sick of JRPG's...but my friend keeps going on and on about it. Is Final Fantasy 12 a unique enough experience to actually warrant a purchase? Basically, I trust the opinion of you guys over my friend who thought "Van Helsing" was the movie of the year when it came out. Thanks.
    I had virtually no interest in it, ever since the demo came out with DQVIII, but seriously, get the game. It has the same mood and vibe of FFT without some of the more morbid and depressing themery, and the combat is fast paced, with the Gambit system being all the more rewarding the more effort you put into it. I've easily spent 70 hours on this game and have barely scratched the surface in terms of sidequests and secrets.
    Last edited by George; 13 Dec 2006 at 05:17 PM.

8. Do you like Tactics? How about Vagrant Story?

If the answer is yes, get FFXII now.

If the answer is no, get a vasectomy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    OK, I know this isn't on topic. I was actually about to come in to this thread, post "FUCK FINAL FANTASY", and then run away...

FF12 is the first one in the main series I've played since FF2 on the SNES. I love it.

On topic, I'm keeping my PSP now.

10. Oh God, yes.