Page 1 of 86 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory online multiplayer

1. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory online multiplayer

Alright bitches, the game is due out in less than a month so I figured we need a new thread since the PT one is getting long in the tooth.

What does everyone think of the map selection from PT? I think they got every map that I didn't give a damn about. In case you don't know, here are the maps that are carrying over:

Warehouse
    Deftech Belew
    Museum
    Federal Bank
    River Mall

I think they dropped the ball by not adding in Schermerhorn,Krauser Lab, and the Hospital. I just hope they add them as downloadable.

Any of you beta testers want to let us know how nice/shitty the new level is? Speak up bitches.

2. Don't get too upset yet, Joe. Museum has been totally changed around, almost to the point where it's an entirely new level. There are now three different objective types in Museum: there's the traditional "hack the laptop" objective which is basically CT's equivalent of the ND133, and then there are the new "plant the bomb" and "steal the hard drive" objectives. There's also some new coop passages and shortcuts.

The new level, the Japanese Garden, is simply awesome. It's similar to Hospital in size and complexity, and in the way it forces spies to work together if they even want a chance at winning. There are tons of interactive spots and breakaway panels that make the hacking points more accessible. For mercs, it's pretty easy to cover the level despite its size but if one of the mercs gets taken out, the spies can seize a huge advantage.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Well that sounds great. I hope the new levels are great. The news on the old levels sounds promising, thanks.

4. So when you say those other levels are carrying over, does that mean that I have to DL Museum,Bank,and Mall, on PT to play it on CT? Or will those levels just be incuded in Chaos Theory?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    So when you say those other levels are carrying over, does that mean that I have to DL Museum,Bank,and Mall, on PT to play it on CT? Or will those levels just be incuded in Chaos Theory?
    The PT levels will be completely redone, so no.

They'll be included on the CT disc.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

6. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    Don't get too upset yet, Joe. Museum has been totally changed around, almost to the point where it's an entirely new level. There are now three different objective types in Museum: there's the traditional "hack the laptop" objective which is basically CT's equivalent of the ND133, and then there are the new "plant the bomb" and "steal the hard drive" objectives. There's also some new coop passages and shortcuts.

The new level, the Japanese Garden, is simply awesome. It's similar to Hospital in size and complexity, and in the way it forces spies to work together if they even want a chance at winning. There are tons of interactive spots and breakaway panels that make the hacking points more accessible. For mercs, it's pretty easy to cover the level despite its size but if one of the mercs gets taken out, the spies can seize a huge advantage.
    That's a relief, does the game play feel the same?

7. Quote Originally Posted by BRAD73
    That's a relief, does the game play feel the same?
    It's pretty much identical aside from the new gadgets and stuff. The merc's berserk move is pretty powerful, but if you miss you're fucked -- your vision goes blurry and you can't move for about a second. Also, in Garden there are a ton of spots for spies to pull off their new railing-grab move. For example, you can have one spy blow open the steam tunnels on the ground floor -- which blows open the four sand gardens in the hallway leading to the Jacuzzi and Steam Room objectives, allowing access from below -- and have the other spy hang on one of the sand garden railings. Then, when a merc charges in to the hallway to check the objectives, you grab him.

Out of the three guns, the Uzi is the one I use the most. The Assault Gun will appeal to snipers, and is extremely useful in Garden, but its rate of fire is substantially slower than in PT. The Shotgun is pretty much useless (at least in my limited experience).

The Taser is a lot less useful in CT because of the berserk and a slightly better bull charge. Also, spy cameras got a huge boost; you can now plant them, use them to watch a corridor, and then either exit cam mode and return to it later (to keep watch on the area or to gas a merc) or just pick it up and use it again.

8. That shit sounds great. I can't fucking wait to play this game. Thanks for the info.

9. Sleeve, when you say that the Museum is changed around do you mean things like lazers and stuff are changed or do you mean structurally with new pathways and areas?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe
    Sleeve, when you say that the Museum is changed around do you mean things like lazers and stuff are changed or do you mean structurally with new pathways and areas?
    there seems to be far fewer lasers in the level. the pathways are largely unchanged, but there are a few subtle differences, aside from some retexturing. for one, i think the rail over the obelisk has been removed.. course, i didn't look around for very long, choosing instead to try the other (much better) level.