Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 7282848586

Thread: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory online multiplayer

1. Sorry to bring up this old thread but I just got news that the Jake in the below conversation died last night:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jed:
    I was just glad Jake gave us the win in Clubhouse. I love taking out that little smartass when he tries bonehead shit, like placing a laser mine above my knocked out body and then getting knocked out himself right underneath his own mine. One of my favorite SC moments ever.
    Originally replied by myself:
    I just read this out loud to Jake. Needless to say, he will be gunning for you. Hahahahah!

He was a really cool kid that came from a fucked up family that caused him nothing but problems. He was always into some kind of trouble in the name of fun, often times going a bit too far, but he also was forced to grow up too quickly. His mother was a drunken crack head and he never even met his father so he was forced to be the "father figure" to his younger brother from a really young age.

At the age of 15 he got held down and beat on by his mom and aunt's boyfriends. They clearly were out of line and Dyfus stepped in a took him out of that environment. Since he was best friends with my son, my wife and I knew him well and in his best interest stepped in and became his foster parents. He lived with us for almost two years. He caused us much grief in the way that wild teenagers do but I have to say that I genuinely really, really cared about this kid and always hoped he would come out of his wildness and do good things with his life. Those hoped all came crashing down on me this morning when we got a call from his mother letting us know that he hit a tree in his car and was killed instantly last night.

I'm really not sure why I post this here other than the fact that I know playing SC with the usual group of guys was one of his favorite things to do at nights when he lived here. He will be terribly, terribly missed. Here is a pic of him with my wife. He was 18 when he died.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AngelaJake.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	576.3 KB 
ID:	26387  

2. Damn Joe, that is some heartbreaking shit. I always got a kick out of playing Splinter Cell with that kid. He could talk major shit, and not piss and moan whenever we talked shit back. Major major props to you and your family for steppin in and trying to help him out. Wow, 18 years old, so sad. My condolences man....

3. Thanks bro, it seriously means a lot. I remember that night that I quoted up there like it was yesterday. You were telling me that he had you down and you weren't going to make it out of there. The next thing I know you are wailing in laughter because he tried to laser mine your sleeping body only to wake up, tazer him, and kill him with his own mine for the win.

I think in the end what my wife and I did for him had a positive impact on his life but I can't help thinking more could have been done.

4. Damn Joe. Sorry to hear about this man, you and your whole family have my condolences. I was already out of the SC loop when he started playing, but I heard a lot about him from Brad. Hang in there.

JM

5. Thanks bro.

6. My condolences, Joe. I'm sad to read this news.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

7. Thanks Cow.

8. Damn, Joe, Im sorry dude.

That was pretty awesome of you and your family to take him in and give him a real home away from the violence and bullshit he was used to. Sounds like he had a great time and enjoyed life while he was with you all.

9. He did and I guess that's really what is important now. Just to know that we helped him while he was here. Thanks Jet.