Thread: castlevania 3: draculas curse

1. castlevania 3: draculas curse

i was browsing though james jean's (one of my fave artists at the moment) website and came accross this image.

the discription reads "Concept illustration for an animated series based on the classic Konami video game, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, to be written by RRawen LLies
    _Art Director: James Jean
    _Client: Project 51 Productions, LTD."

does anyone else have any information on this? i'm more excited by this artwork than what the final prodouct might look like, though...but it'd still be cool if it were done correctly.

2. Weeeeird. I don't see that happening. Who's the audience? Us? Maybe it'll air on USA with a new Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct cartoon.
    Donk

3. geez, i hope not. for some reason i see it in my head being something like that last he-man animated series with the belmont character and his palls going back and forth with meaningless battles between dracula and his cronies....or something like that.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rama
    i was browsing though james jean's (one of my fave artists at the moment) website and came accross this image.

http://www.jamesjean.com/illustrations/castlevania.jpg

the discription reads "Concept illustration for an animated series based on the classic Konami video game, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, to be written by RRawen LLies
    _Art Director: James Jean
    _Client: Project 51 Productions, LTD."

does anyone else have any information on this? i'm more excited by this artwork than what the final prodouct might look like, though...but it'd still be cool if it were done correctly.
    James Jean seems like a really odd choice for a character designer seeing as how his style wouldn't carry over to animation at all, but then again Amano's designed for anime so anything's possible.

It's probably for another crappy IDW comic miniseries. RRawen LLies = Warren Ellis.

5. he's been doing tons of cover art for comics and stuff. i think his artwork fits castevania...but as far as an animated series would go...maybe not so much. pluss it's just concept artwork. someone else might be doing the character designs.

6. Could be a cool 4 part ova, but I don't see them getting 26 or even 13 episodes out of this.

7. I'm all for an animated castlevania. Vampires have always tickled my fancy and this guy's art looks pretty hot. Here's hoping.
    "When angels are forced out of heaven they become devils." -- Viciouis