Thread: Deus Ex 2: The Invisible War

Deus Ex 2: The Invisible War

IGN has a great preview for Deus Ex 2.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/360/360040p1.html

And those of you who haven't played Deus Ex 1 yet (which is probably most of you) you are missing out on one of the greatest games ever made. So play it now on PC or PS2 if you can. I haven't played the PS2 port but I hear they did a good job.

2. It is indeed a great game, I played eventually due to all your praise really so I guess I should thank you. Personally I played through the PS2 port and had no problem with it whatsoever. Truly a remarkable game.

Thanx again,

D

You are very welcome.

I'm at least going to rent the PS2 version some time. I have played through the PC version a few times so I doubt I'll buy the same game again soon. But I'm still tempted for the slighty upgraded graphics.

4. So long as they fix two problems I had with the first I'll love this one to death and back. First and most importantly, carefully head-shots need to kill! The people in Deus Ex seemed like robots, shoot them right between the eyes and they don't even slow down! Next, and this is more of a want, more free-form choices (as in, none of this "can't kill people" crap. I hate that in games that try to be so free, and yet so blatantly limiting).

Still looks good, and the physics and lighting sound friggin' awesome. Especially those side comments about Thief III.

5. It will also be a lot shorter than the first Deus Ex, apparently.

I don't mind a shorter game. One of the few complaints I had about the first game was that it was too long. Some of the later missions felt like filler levels.

And about the head shots, I found that annoying too. It was kind of irritating how crappy the weapons started out until you upgraded them. If you upgrade enough, you can head-shot in one kill, IIRC but you shouldn't have to. A gun's a gun and head-shot should almost always equal death.

7. Originally posted by MechDeus
    So long as they fix two problems I had with the first I'll love this one to death and back. First and most importantly, carefully head-shots need to kill! The people in Deus Ex seemed like robots, shoot them right between the eyes and they don't even slow down! Next, and this is more of a want, more free-form choices (as in, none of this "can't kill people" crap. I hate that in games that try to be so free, and yet so blatantly limiting).
    Don't know about the first problem (and I hated it too, among other little things), but the developer promised that the game wouldn't limit you the second time around as it occasionally did in the first. A lot of people, including me, were pissed that you had to be captured and couldn't escape.

I think the length of the first one was good, but the story just didn't hold up its end of things to the end. A shorter experience has me distinctly less interested.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

8. Odd, headshots were never a problem for me, not even at the beginning. I guess thats one of the things they fixed in the port.

D

Here's another preview, although it doesn't say much that the other one didn't.

http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/pc/deusex2/index2.shtml

10. Deus Ex was a great game, and really under-played by people in the console community.

Even if you dont want the PS2 version, you should still be able to find the PC version on the cheap.

I don't ever remember people not going down because after a headshot, did they maybe put out a patch that fixed that?