Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Book to Movie

1. ive never read any of the dragon lance books, but if you want ben aflook and heath ledger to play the parts of the characters, then.... well shit, the book would have to be better than the movie.

2. Originally posted by LordPerrin
    Mel Gibson as... goddammit I blanked on the dude's name, the Warder Nynaeve marries
    Lan? I never got to where Nynaeve got married, but that's the name of Moiraine's Warder. And I'm sure I had this conversation with you before, but that would have to be one LOOOOONG ass movie. Jordan's up to what, 10000 pages now?

3. Originally posted by adol

Indeed. The book is excellent. It's very dificult at times, because of how it goes on and on about what each person is wearing/eating/drinking/fucking/ etc. But it's worth it. It has shit that would make Jeff Dahmer wince. And it's also extemely funny at times.

Go get it now. 20 bucks at Borders.
    20 bucks?!?

lol, I'm getting it soon, i need something to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. i'm a few chapters into Glamourama (by Bret Easton Ellis, author of American Psycho) and so far it's quite interesting... although nothing truely "fucked up" has happened yet... you can tell that something really "out there" is about to go down...

great stuff...

5. Originally posted by Saint of Killers

And I hate to say it, 'cause I did like it, but Fight Club has to be the most overrated movie of all time. Hey, let's make a pop culture, mass market movie that's against pop culture and mass marketing!
    How is it a mass market, pop culture movie? Cause it got popular? If it was an indie movie would it have made you happier? Hell, it didnt even do that well at theaters (at least I was the only person there on opening weekend), got panned by most critics, and none of the actors where really huge names, except Brad Pitt. And the movie is not "against pop culture and mass marketing!". It is much deeper then that.
    your mom