Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "...the rock stars of game development"

1. I don't think he means, "Rock Star" in the sense you're thinking. Although I doubt he knows what he is thinking himself. When I think of a rockstar of game development, I think of someone who challenges the mainstream or the accepted and established theories of game design. Though, I doubt there are very many of those out there right now.
    A is for action

Quote Originally Posted by EightBit
    I don't think he means, "Rock Star" in the sense you're thinking. Although I doubt he knows what he is thinking himself. When I think of a rockstar of game development, I think of someone who challenges the mainstream or the accepted and established theories of game design. Though, I doubt there are very many of those out there right now.
    Itagaki could not possibly be more mainstream. He isn't challenging shit. Pretty graphics, bland gameplay, and boobs are not niche ideas.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Itagaki could not possibly be more mainstream. He isn't challenging shit. Pretty graphics, bland gameplay, and boobs are not niche ideas.

I entirely agree, even if it had nothing to do with my post. I probably dislike Itagaki more than anyone on this board.
    A is for action